Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD Candidate, Molecular dynamics simulations of biological membrane fusion inhibitors and accelerators
The proposed PhD project is part of a recently funded multidisciplinary research programme (Vidi). The research group focuses on studying complex systems such …
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The proposed PhD project is part of a recently funded multidisciplinary research programme (Vidi). The research group focuses on studying complex systems such as biological membranes and bioinspired nano materials with state-of-the-art computional methods. Main goals are to (i) elucidate the mechanisms and free energy landscape of protein-mediated membrane processes such as, for example, biological membrane fusion or fission, and (ii) to explore potential applications of biomaterials within material- or life sciences. The aimed candidate will explore the molecular mechanisms on how fusion of lipid membranes can be controlled by natural or designed effectors.
- Master’s degree in (Bio)Chemistry, Physics or equivalent;
- Good to excellent proficiency in English;
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Experience in computational methods (e.g., molecular simulation methods or theoretical chemistry);
- Solid knowledge of classical mechanics, thermodynamics and statistical mechanics;
- Experience in programming (e.g., C, C++, python);
- The PhD research needs to start before December 2018.
We offer a position for initially one year. After a positive evaluation of the progress of the thesis, personal capabilities and compatibility the appointment will be extended by a further three years. Salary range from €2,222 to €2,840 gross per month (pay scale P in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
All our PhD students are embedded in the Leiden University Graduate School of Science https://www.staff.universiteitleiden.nl/research/phds. Our graduate school offers several PhD training courses at three levels: professional courses, skills training and personal effectiveness. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by the research school.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Herre Jelger Risselada, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact secretary Mrs. Michelle van der Haar, email email@example.com, telephone +31 71 527 4292.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 30 June 2018 an email to the secretary of the Supramolecular and Biomaterials Chemistry group, Mrs. Michelle van der Haarat firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you join to your application the vacancy number and the following additional documents:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position/research topic;
- An updated CV;
- The letters of recommendation by 1 or 2 former supervisors;
- The transcripts of your MSc studies.