Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoc in the field of single-molecule biophysics
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for a Postdoc in the field of single-molecule biophysics (1.0 FTE).
- Begijnhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The postdoctoral fellow will design and perform single-molecule experiments to understand biomolecular folding processes.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Establish the single-molecule research line;
- Design and perform experiments and data analysis;
- Train PhD and master student and supervise their research ;
- Presentation of the results to team members and other associated partners;
- Writing postdoctoral grants such as Marie Curie and LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme to continue working in our group;
- Contribution to grant writing activities to bring funding to the lab;
- An academic degree (PhD) in physics (experimental and/or theoretical) or engineering;
- Strong publication record;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Good written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully work and get things done in teams.
We offer a full-time, one year term position, with the possibility of renewal for up to three more years. Salary range from € 2,588 to € 4,084 gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Alireza Mashaghi, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 30 January 2018 an email to Dr. Alireza Mashaghi at email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- Application letter;