Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral researcher in International and EU Tax Governance within the ERC Starting Grant Project
Project descriptionThe research project GLOBTAXGOV will investigate issues of global governance and international tax law making by the OECD and the EU. This …
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The research project GLOBTAXGOV will investigate issues of global governance and international tax law making by the OECD and the EU. This is an international and multidisciplinary project involving international relations, law, political science and development studies. This project also uses socio-legal research methodology, including qualitative and quantitative research. The researchers of this project consist of Associate Professor Dr. Irma Mosquera Valderrama (Lead Researcher), two PhD researchers, and one postdoctoral researcher (hereinafter the project researchers). For more information on the project see https://globtaxgov.weblog.leidenuniv.nl/a-new-model-of-global-governance-in-international-tax-law-making-globtaxgov/.
As an early-career researcher, you are expected to:
- Conduct comparative literature and empirical research (interviews and surveys) on the EU tax law aspects of direct taxation of companies. This includes interviews with EU officials, Members of the European Parliament, businesses, business associations, etc.;
- Develop and carry out high-level research projects independently;
- Publish in top international journals;
- Participate in international seminars and conferences;
- Coordinate development and execution of research projects and output (publications) in collaboration with the other project researchers;
- Contribute actively to the work of the research group and of the Leiden University community;
- Contribute to ‘third stream money’ funded research projects and their acquisition.
- A completed PhD in International Tax Law, European Tax Law, or European Law awarded by the deadline for applications;
- A demonstrated track record of academic publications;
- Experience in international organizations, EU institutions, and/or tax administration;
- Knowledge of the institutional landscape of the EU;
- A specific interest in multidisciplinary research will be an advantage (e.g. political science, international relations, international political economy);
- Strong and relevant international network;
- Team player;
- Fluency in English (academic level). Knowledge of Dutch and of another foreign language (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian) would be an asset;
- Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Quality-oriented, conscientious, cooperative and creative, result oriented.
We offer a position for 38 hours per week. The starting date will be between the period 15 April 2019 - 1 June 2019, to be agreed on jointly. The appointment as a postdoctoral researcher is initially for a period of one year with an extension of one additional year (after positive evaluation). Salary range from €2,709 to €4,274 gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 10, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Irma Mosquera, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 6618.
Please submit online your application no later than 9 March 2019 via the blue button in our application system. To apply for this vacancy, please ensure that you upload the following additional documents:
- A cover letter stating your motivation for this position;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Scanned copy of your PhD degree;
- A writing sample of no more than 50 pages in total ((e.g. a published paper);
- Two letters of recommendation.
After reviewing the applications, candidates will be shortlisted for interviews.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.