Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoctoral researcher ‘’Natural capital in the rural Dutch landscape‘’
Investigate the potential of the ‘’Green Heart’’, a rural area in the Netherlands threatened a.o. by soil subsidence, to make a transition to a circular …
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2640 - € 4166 per maand
- Investigate the potential of the ‘’Green Heart’’, a rural area in the Netherlands threatened a.o. by soil subsidence, to make a transition to a circular economy by determining natural capital and ecosystem services as currently and potentially available in the region as well as those initiated and mobilized by new business models;
- Determine and create synergies that stimulate transition, making use of natural capital and ecosystem services;
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the region to identify the most appropriate indicators;
- Collaborate with other researchers within the programme that e.g. develop innovative business models, investigate constraints imposed by law and regulations hampering the transition to a circular economy.
- PhD degree related to natural capital or ecosystem services;
- Knowledge of biogeography, agronomy and/or hydrology is preferred;
- Quantitative mindset;
- Open mind towards insights and demands of stakeholders and willingness to adapt accordingly;
- Creativity to combine and integrate interdisciplinary concepts into new designs;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proficiency of the Dutch language is preferred.
We offer a two year position. Salary ranges from €2,640 to €4,166 gross per month based on a fulltime position (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Professor Peter van Bodegom, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 7486.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 15 August 2018 an email quoting the vacancy number to Susanna van den Oever at email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload your CV, a transcript of your grades and a letter of motivation.
Job interviews will take place 26 September 2018.