Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Research Officer (Post-doc) on Migration and Diversity
Leiden University, the Leiden University Institute for History of the Faculty of Humanities, is looking for a Research Officer (Post-doc) on Migration and Diversity
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 38 uur
The Research Officers will join the new interdisciplinary LDE Research Centre ‘Governance of Migration and Diversity’. This position provides an exciting opportunity to set up a program of research, and develop activities in collaboration with the senior academic staff of the LDE Research Centre and their departments at Leiden, Delft and Erasmus University. The Research Officers will initiate and maintain contacts with academics, policy stakeholders and societal partners. The Research Officers will actively work on funding proposals (from national and European agencies, e.g. Horizon 2020) on behalf of the LDE partners, and carry out collaborative research projects in the field of migration and diversity together with LDE colleagues. The Research Officers will organise and participate in workshops and public events of the LDE Centre, and will publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
The Research Officers will work with key LDE senior staff members, and will work in Leiden, Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague.
- Coordination tasks within the LDE GMD Research Centre;
- Coordinating research in the field of migration, within the LDE GMD Research Centre and with the partners in the collaboration;
- Coordinating the writing of grant applications; preparing grant applications at the national, European and international level with the partners in the LDE GMD Research Centre;
- Maintaining and initiating contacts with stakeholders and societal partners; setting up and maintaining networks; actively disseminate the research findings;
- Publish articles in (international peer-reviewed) academic journals and present papers at (international) conferences;
- Organise and participate in seminars, workshops and conferences of the LDE GMD Research Centre;
- Participating in activities of the LDE GMD Research Centre.
- A PhD degree in migration research, for example history, social studies, law;
- Demonstrable expertise in the field of migration and diversity research (including governance);
- Strong networking and communicative skills, both in speech and in writing;
- A publication record that is in line with the career stage (with publications in international peer reviewed journals);
- Proven ability to draft funding proposals;
- Willingness and ability to work across disciplines and skills and ability to work constructively in a team;
- Basic knowledge of Dutch is considered as an advantage.
We offer a full time position (1.0 FTE) for three years. Salary range from €2,709.- to €4,978.- gross per month, depending on prior education and working experience (pay scale 10 or 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at Job application procedure and employment conditions.
Leiden University, Delft University and Erasmus University Rotterdam are strongly committed to equality, inclusion and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of groups currently underrepresented. In addition, we believe in the value of an inclusive learning environment and aim to diversify our faculty in order to address the needs of our diverse students in the 21st century. Candidates with intercultural and diversity competences are therefore especially invited to apply as well.
Enquiries can be made to Marlou Schrover, email: email@example.com.