Research Software Engineers
The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, is looking for two Research Software Engineers
- Niels Bohrweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Develop and maintain research software for various scientific research projects that are carried out at LIACS;
- Interact with computer science researchers working in different fields at LIACS;
- Interact with computing and systems specialists of the Faculty and the University.
- An MSc in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or a related field;
- Experience in developing and maintaining software systems for state-of-the-art machine learning, high performance computing, data mining and image processing;
- Extensive programming skills using a variety of tools and languages, ability to independently become familiar with new libraries and languages;
- Communication and service-oriented skills to support researchers and students working on research projects;
- Creative, ‘making things work’ mentality, independent, and communicative team player;
- Sufficient knowledge of English and Dutch.
We offer a full-time permanent position for initially one year. After a positive evaluation, the appointment will be extended to a regular position. Salary range from € 2.790,- to € 4.402,- gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. We wish to reflect society both in age, gender and culture, as we believe that this would optimize the dynamics in our organization. Therefore, we support and understand the need for a work/life/family balance and consequent varying working hours and places. In the Netherlands, a maternity allowance is standard for 16 weeks. Child care is available at and near the Bio Science Park.
Enquiries can be made to Joost Visser, email firstname.lastname@example.org.