Teaching PhD position
The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, is looking for candidates for a Teaching PhD position
- Niels Bohrweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
This PhD project is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in security and are excited about sharing their knowledge with others. Possible PhD topics include, but are not limited to, cyber threat modeling and analytics, cyber risk management, mobile and embedded system security, software security, distributed and blockchain system security. The topic will be jointly chosen by the selected PhD candidate and the supervisor Dr. Olga Gadyatskaya taking into account the background and personal preferences of the candidate.
The teaching PhD position means that 30% of time is to be spent on teaching. Therefore, this position is for 6 years instead of the usual 4. This is a good opportunity to deeply focus on the chosen study topic, and develop and disseminate impactful results.
- Conducting research in the field of security under the supervision of Dr. Olga Gadyatskaya;
- Studying the related literature, developing new approaches, prototyping novel techniques for the chosen topic, and publishing the results in academic conferences and journals;
- Designing and teaching suitable BSc and/or MSc courses under the supervision of Dr. Olga Gadyatskaya.
- Master degree in Computer Science or a closely related field;
- Strong interest in security is required. Interest in computer systems, data science, software engineering, formal methods, or related fields is desired;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- An independent and creative team player with good communicative skills;
- Able to work independently in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Interest in teaching and assisting teaching computer science topics to bachelor or master students;
- Team spirit/collaboration attitude is strongly preferred.
We offer a full-time appointment of initially one year. After a positive evaluation of the progress of the research, teaching evaluations, personal capabilities and compatibility, the appointment will be extended for another five years. Salary range from € 2.325,- to € 2.972,- gross per month (pay scale P in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
All our PhD students are embedded in the Leiden University Graduate School of Science. Our graduate school offers several PhD training courses at three levels: professional courses, skills training and personal effectiveness. In addition, advanced courses to deepen scientific knowledge are offered by the research school. Teaching PhD have the possibility of obtaining the (partial) University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. LIACS is a highly diverse institute, in culture, background, and gender. We stand for excellence in a caring Institute. We wish to reflect society in all aspects, as we believe that this improves the dynamics in our organization. Therefore, we support and understand the need for a work/life/family balance and consequent varying working hours and places. We believe that doing good science is fun, and goes hand in hand with a friendly culture. In the Netherlands, a maternity allowance is standard for 16 weeks. Child care is available at and near the Bio Science Park.
Inquiries about the research area can be made to Olga Gadyatskaya, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Liselotte van der Woerd, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature