Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Tenure track faculty position Analysis & Probability
The Faculty of Science and the Mathematical Institute are looking for an Tenure track faculty position Analysis & Probability
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Mathematical Institute of Leiden University is looking for a talented mathematician for a newly created assistant professorship at the interface between analysis and probability. This professorship can also be filled at the level of associate professor, depending on the qualifications of the candidate, and includes two open PhD positions at the start. We are looking for the most talented individuals. Taking into account gender diversity, we especially ask female candidates to apply.
- Take a leading role in a newly started joint program between the research groups in analysis and probability at Leiden University and Delft University of Technology;
- Develop original lines of research;
- Aim to acquire external funding;
- Be an active and inspiring advisor for bachelor, master and PhD students;
- Be actively involved in teaching and developing the teaching curriculum.
- A PhD in analysis, probability, or a closely related field;
- A high potential as a future leader;
- A track record in academic research, as evidenced by publications in high-rank journals;
- A track record as inspiring teacher with good communication skills;
- Good command of the English language.
A Tenure Track position consisting of a temporary appointment for a period of six years maximum. The gross monthly salary at the assistant professor level is between € 3.746,- and € 5.826,- and at the associate professor level between € 5.190,- and € 6.940,-, depending on your level of experience.
The Tenure Track is expected to lead to a tenured position as associate professor, and grow into a full professorship. With the Tenure Track the institute offers you a clear and inviting career path to support you in the development of your personal and professional talents. Read more about our Tenure Track at the website of Leiden University
An appointment with Leiden University includes a pension build-up and other benefits, including an annual holiday premium of 8%, an end-of-year premium of 8.3%, and a paid parental leave of 62,5%. Candidates from outside The Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to have or to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). In addition, a minimal language proficiency at level B2 Dutch is required after two years. Proficiency in the Dutch language is not a requirement but a long-term goal.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates preferring a part-time position are also explicitly invited to apply.