3 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
University Lecturer Academic Consultancy
Faculty of Humanities, International Studies is looking for a University Lecturer Academic Consultancy (1.0 FTE).
- Parkstraat, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
- Engage in teaching of courses in International Studies at all levels, as required;
- Coordinate, tutor and coach a group of tutors in the consultancy course Practising International Studies (PRINS);
- Handle a wide range of consultancy projects for NGOs, multinational businesses and government institutions;
- Assist in all aspects of the teaching of the course Organizational Theory, Culture, and Behavior (OTCB);
- Supervise and coach students who do a curricular internship (in the Netherlands or abroad), including approving their internship plans, research proposals, and evaluating internship assignments and research papers;
- Consult with faculty members who supervise internships in terms of academic content.
- Demonstrable affinity with International Studies and its educational philosophy;
- Hold a PhD in Social Sciences or Humanities;
- A promising, to the program relevant, research agenda shown by publications commensurate with the stage of their career;
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research and the teaching thereof;
- Relevant teaching experience and good teaching evaluations;
- Fluency in English is required. Candidates are expected to be able to communicate in Dutch within three years of appointment;
- Experienced in (academic)consultancy and have the ability to transfer these skills in an academic setting;
- Demonstrate the ability to be at ease in both academic and professional contexts, and have affinity with international organizations and valorization;
- Experience with coordination, training, coaching and supervising a team of tutors;
- Experience with initiating and supervising internships.
We offer a full-time position, initially with a maximum term of two years. Depending upon performance and availability of funding, this position may lead to a permanent appointment thereafter. Salary range, depending on education and work experience, from €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month, based on a full-time appointment (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). The lecturer will be based at the campus of Leiden University in The Hague.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years. https://www.staff.universiteitleiden.nl/human-resources/mobility-and-career-guidance/teacher-professionalisation/university-teaching-qualification/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be directed to Dr. Jaap Kamphuis at email email@example.com.
Applications must be received no later than 18 March 2018, with the interviews with shortlisted candidates scheduled for the first two weeks of April. Applications should be in English, and be submitted firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you include in a single PDF document named ‘FAMILY NAME – Given name – vacancy number and in this order:
- A letter of motivation including a personal vision on academic consultancy and labour market preparation;
- A CV that includes educational qualifications, employment history, publications, courses taught, tutorial teaching experience, grants and awards, languages with indication of proficiency;
- Names, positions and email addresses of three referees (no reference letters);
- Teaching evaluations.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at.Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities is rich in expertise in fields such as philosophy, religious studies, history, art history, literature, linguistics and area studies covering nearly every region of the world. With its staff of 995, the faculty provides 27 master’s and 25 bachelor’s programmes for over 7,000 students based at locations in Leiden’s historic city centre and in modern buildings in The Hague. For more information www.hum.leidenuniv.nl.
The Bachelor’s in International Studies is a 3-year English-taught programme, in the international city of peace and justice, The Hague, that offers students the opportunity to study the issues and effects of globalisation by focusing on one of eight world regions. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/education/study-programmes/bachelor/international-studies.