numerical problems, imaging and inversion, medical ultrasound
University Lecturer Game Studies, Narratology and Story-telling
Leiden University, Faculty of Humanities, Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS), is looking for a University Lecturer Game Studies, Narratology and Story-telling (0.2 FTE).
- Begijnhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 7 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
- The lecturer will be expected to play an active role in the development of and teaching in the programs in which LUCAS is involved, in particular the minor Game Studies and Cultural Analysis offered by the Faculty of Humanities;
- Participating in the development and implementation of education innovations – also in digital form – in the aforementioned programs;
- Play an active role in recruiting Dutch and international students by contributing to open days, orientation and information sessions;
- Contribute to administrative and management duties within the faculty and the programs in which LUCAS is involved;
- Doing research in the field of Game Studies within one of the research clusters of LUCAS.
- A Phd-degree in the field of Game Studies and an awareness of current viewpoints as well as innovative methods within the field;
- Demonstrable skills in game design;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Game Narratology and Story-telling;
- Demonstrable and outstanding teaching skills (demonstrated by teaching evaluations, BKO-registration, etc.) and experience with educational innovations;
- A research agenda fitting into the research profile of the Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/humanities/centre-for-the-arts-in-society/research;
- A proven track record in publication compatible with the academic career;
- Proven ability in coordinating tasks in teaching and supporting boards;
- Excellent command, both active and passive, of the English and Dutch language.
We offer a position for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance.
Salary range from €3,475 to €5,405 gross per month based on a fulltime appointment depending on prior education and working experience (pay scale 11-12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities is rich in expertise in fields such as philosophy, religious studies, history, art history, literature, linguistics and area studies covering nearly every region of the world. With its staff of 995, the faculty provides 27 master’s and 25 bachelor’s programs for over 7,000 students based at locations in Leiden’s historic city center and in modern buildings in The Hague.
The Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) is one of the seven Research Institutes of the Faculty of Humanities. It aims to be a prominent player in the research field of the arts (literature, art, architecture, media and design). Information about LUCAS can be found at www.universiteitleiden.nl/geesteswetenschappen/centre-for-the-arts-in-society.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature