The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has the following vacancy: PhD in Mammalian synthetic biology within the department of Biomedical Engineering (BM…
University Lecturer in Russian Studies
The Faculty of Humanities, Institute for History is looking for a University Lecturer in Russian Studies (1.0 FTE).
- Marislaan, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
The Faculty of Humanities at Leiden University invites applications for a full-time lecturer in Russian Studies. Teaching duties will lie in the BA International Studies, MA International Relations and BA / MA Russian and Eurasian Studies programmes. The lecturer will hold a position in the Institute for History.
- Original research and regular dissemination of the results through appropriate channels;
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, in lecture and seminar formats, and supervision of theses in the BA International Studies, MA International Relations and BA / MA Russian and Eurasian Studies programmes;
- Administrative duties, commensurate with career stage;
- Research and publication;
- Representation of the field to external audiences and media.
The applicant will be expected to teach courses on the politics and economics of Russia and Eurasia. He or she will do research and publish, and will also be expected to perform administrative and coordinating tasks.
- A PhD degree in the humanities or social sciences on a topic related to Russian and Eurasian Studies;
- A publication record that is commensurate with career stage;
- Proven experience in teaching at University level, including official teaching evaluations.
- An excellent command of English;
- Upon appointment, depending on experience and formal qualifications to date, the lecturer may be required to enter a nationally standardized teaching skills certification trajectory (University Teaching Qualification/UTQ).
The appointment is for 38 hours per week in temporary employment for one year and cannot be renewed. Starting date 1 August 2018. The rank of lecturer corresponds roughly to that of assistant professor in North-American terms. The salary is in accordance with the collective salary agreement of the Association of Dutch Universities (CAO) and depending on qualifications and experience, the gross monthly salary is €3,475 to €5,405 (pay scale 11/12) for a full working week. Depending on qualifications, the appointee may start at the appropriate step in scale 10 until he/she fully meets the requirements for pay scales 11/12 as specified by the Faculty of Humanities, particularly with regard to teaching skills certification and the number of years of relevant work experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Further information for this position can be obtained from Professor André W.M. Gerrits, email email@example.com.
Applications should be in English, and be submitted no later than 15 May 2018 to the International Relations Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the items listed below included in this order in a single PDF documents named ‘ FAMILY NAME/Position Russian Studies’:
- CV including education and employment history, publications and courses taught;
- Letter of motivation, which shows clear affinity with and specific knowledge of the area of International Studies (max. 1 page);
- Research agenda for the duration of the appointment;
- One sample course description of an elective taught at either the BA or MA level on topics related to Russian politics and economics (max. 1 page);
- Names, positions, and email addresses of two referees (no reference letters).
Interviews will be held on 22 May. Interviewees will be invited to give a 20 minutes mock-lecture and a 10 minutes research presentation.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature