In this project you will develop optical metasurfaces that control the coupling and trapping of light in ultrathin high-efficiency solar cells. We will use …
University Lecturer International Relations Japan
Faculty of Humanities, Leiden Institute for Area Studies is looking for a University Lecturer International Relations Japan (1.0 FTE).
- Begijnhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
- Teaching BA- and MA-level courses (first and second semester) related to world politics and political economy with a focus on Japan in the MA program International Relations, the BA program Japanese Studies and Leiden University College (The Hague);
- Supervising theses in the MA program International Relations and the MA Japanese Studies.
- A doctorate in International Relations with a focus on Japan, or in Japanese Studies with a focus on International Relations;
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate students, and supervising theses, including the ability to integrate an Area Studies approach to IR;
- Proficiency in English.
We offer a fixed-term post from February 2018 through January 2019 for 38 hours per week. Salary range, depending on education and work experience, from €3,475 to €5,405 (pay scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) gross per month, based on a full time appointment.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Queries can be directed to Dennie Oude Nijhuis, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please send, in English, no later than 3 December 2017 an email to email@example.com. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents in a single PDF document named ‘FAMILY NAME – Given name – vacancy number and in this order:
- A motivation letter;
- A CV;
- Names of 3 referees.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.Faculty of Humanities