Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
University Lecturer (UD) in Architectural History
Leiden University, Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) of the Faculty of Humanities, is looking for an University Lecturer (UD) in Architectural History
- P.N. van Eyckhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- Prepare and teach courses in Art, Architectural History and Academic Skills in the BA tracks (Kunst & Cultuur and AMS) (in the languages of instruction: Dutch and English);
- Prepare and teach courses in Architectural History from an interdisciplinary perspective in the MA (Arts and Culture) of the Department of Art History (in the languages of instruction: Dutch and English);
- Engage in all usual forms of instruction in these programs: including supervising in-company placements and excursions and supervising BA and MA theses, both in Dutch and in English;
- Play an active role in recruiting Dutch and international students by contributing to open days, orientation and information sessions;
- Participate in the development and implementation of education innovations, also in digital form;
- Conduct research based on an individual research plan within one of the research programmes of Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS), and present the results in the form of publications, conference presentations and other means;
- Acquire project funding at national, European and international level (NWO, Horizon 2020)
- Supervise PhD candidates;
- Contribute to administrative and management duties within the Department of Art History and LUCAS.
- Graduated in an Arts and Humanities subject;
- Completed, or almost completed, a PhD in the field of (Western) Architectural History between 1600 and 1900;
- Awareness of current issues, viewpoints as well as innovative methods within the field, e.g. Digital Humanities;
- Research that shows a strong interest in transnational and transmedial intersections in Architectural History;
- Research profile that fits within LUCAS;
- Demonstrable and outstanding teaching skills (demonstrated by teaching evaluations, BKO-registration, etc.); experience in teaching at both bachelor and master level and with educational innovations;
- Proven track record of independent research, as demonstrated by a substantial list of publications;
- (Near) native proficiency in the languages of instruction, English and Dutch. If the candidate fulfils all other requirements, proficiency in Dutch may be acquired within one year after appointment;
- Flexible, excellent communication skills, team worker.
We offer a 0.8-1.0 FTE year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. Salary range from € 3,637.- to € 4,978.- gross per month based on a full-time position, depending on prior education and working experience (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More information, see Job application procedure and employment conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to equity, inclusion and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.