Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Rijksoverheid - Utrecht
Alumni Engagement & Development Officer
Leiden University College The Hague of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Alumni Engagement & Development Officer to join our team.
- Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 2835 - € 3895 per maand
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Leiden University College The Hague is a very successful Liberal Arts & Sciences bachelor college. One of the key characteristics is our strong community of students, staff and alumni. As part of the vision and strategy 2019-2025, LUC aims to further develop the Global Citizenship and community components of the program, connect more actively to local and international societal partners, and increase the diversity of our community. Additionally, LUC wishes to engage more strongly with the growing group of alumni. In the light of these strategies, we are establishing more active connections with alumni and with partners, and a scholarship fund has been established to enable students from a variety of backgrounds to attend LUC. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Alumni Engagement & Development Officer to join our team. Key tasks include:
- Contribute to and implement LUC’s strategy for connecting alumni, current and prospective students, and staff, to keep alumni involved and engaged with our college;
- Organize activities and events involving alumni, for alumni and current students;
- Establish regular communication with our alumni (newsletters, mailings, etc.). Collect and make information about our alumni accessible, including further education and career information. Carry out periodical surveys among alumni;
- Connect with the professional field of Alumni relations in the Netherlands or abroad, and with colleagues at Leiden University and other University Colleges in the Netherlands, to keep up to date with the most recent developments and insights in the field.
- Contribute to and implement LUC’s strategy to enable students from a variety of backgrounds to attend LUC;
- Formulate value propositions and create compelling, engaging, and customized communication material;
- Organize activities and events for fundraising purposes, raise funds according to an annual target;
- Develop communication about the fund and fundraising activities for various audiences;
- Establish and maintain relations with organizations and private donors;
- Work closely together with others as a member of a small team working on Recruitment, Admissions, Communication and Events, and with others in the LUC team and at Leiden University (such as colleagues from the Leiden University Fund).
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or hbo) in a relevant field, or demonstrable relevant other education (for example through professional courses);
- You bring at least 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrable experience with non-profit or university fundraising and development of fundraising strategies;
- Affinity with or experience in a Liberal Arts & Sciences college;
- Very strong people skills and relationship building skills, very strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to connect to students as well as professional organizations, and present for smaller or larger audiences;
- The ability to work independently, but also function well in a small team. Being able to supervise student assistants or student volunteers;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (C1 level). The language of communication at LUC is English and a large part of our community is international, however, it is also important to be able to communicate in Dutch with local partners;
- Proven skills in online marketing (content, e-mail, social media, mobile);
- Experience with customer relations tools.