1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor at the department of Foundations and Methods of Law - Faculty of Law, 1,0 fte (Tenure track)
The Department of Foundations and Methods of Law of the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University intends to appoint a fulltime Assistant Professor …
- Minderbroedersberg, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Department of Foundations and Methods of Law of the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University intends to appoint a fulltime Assistant Professor (‘Universitair Docent’) with a starting date in August 2019. The appointee will be required to teach at bachelor and master level, to contribute to the development of courses, to conduct high quality research, preferably in cooperation with the other members of the Department, to write research- and funding proposals and to fulfill administrative duties.
In the coming years, the Faculty will make an extra investment in two research themes: 'Digital legal studies: building technology for law' and 'Law in a globalizing society: regulation and protection.’
The assistant-professor is expected to do research on one of these two themes (see attachment).
- Expertise in a topic that falls within the domain of the Department (e.g. Legal History, Jurisprudence, or Legal Method);
- PhD degree in Law (or having obtained a PhD degree at the time of appointment);
- Excellent research and teaching skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to teach Dutch language courses is an advantage; if that is still lacking, willingness to learn Dutch is a requirement;
- Willingness to move to Maastricht or its near environment.
Candidates are employed temporarily as assistant professor (level 2) and agree to specific development goals. Five years after appointment, or earlier as soon as the development goals are met, the candidate is promoted to assistant professor (level 1) in a permanent position. On the candidate’s request, the decision can be deferred in case of special personal circumstances, such as pregnancy leave, parental leave, or chronic illness.
The salary depends on academic qualifications and experience. The salary will be set between minimum gross month salary € 3.637,00 of salary scale 11 (according to assistant professor 2) and maximum gross month salary of € 5.656,00 of salary scale 12 (according to assistant professor 1), based on a full-time employment, of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities. For people recruited from abroad a reduced income tax rate may apply.
More information on terms of employment of the university can be found on: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > Employees.
More information on this vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Bram van Hofstraeten (email@example.com).