1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant professor in Data Science for Law
We invite applications for a joint position at the “Maastricht Law and Tech Lab” of the Faculty of Law and the Institute of Data Science at Maastricht University. The community is exciting and vibrant community where legal scholars and data scientists meet and form interdisciplinary teams that work at the intersection of Law and Data Science.
- Robert Schumandomein, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
As an assistant professor, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities. You will teach, conduct innovative and high-quality research, write research proposals, and participate in administrative activities.
Law and technology research can be divided into Law for Technology research (e.g. privacy, liability for self-driving cars, legal status of blockchain) and Technology for Law research. This position focuses on the latter, as it aims to apply Data Science methods to the legal domain in order to unravel the “Legal DNA” of the law. You will be offered the opportunity to collaborate with data scientists and legal researchers, and to apply (and learn) data science methods and solutions in relation to the legal domain.
The successful candidate will contribute to a cutting-edge research program that combines law with data science and artificial intelligence to tackle challenging issues such as modelling legal complexity. The candidate will take part in multidisciplinary research teams, participate in interdisciplinary teaching, and pursue strategies to translate research results into innovation. We welcome applicants whose research has led to, or has the potential to lead to real-world applications and/or strong collaborations with industry.
Applicants should fulfill the following main requirements:
- PhD degree in law, data science, artificial intelligence, computer science, mathematics, or a related field. Legal scholars with a doctrinal focus do not fit the profile;
- Experience in applying data science;
- Experience in an academic environment after the PhD period is preferred;
- Excellence in research and a track record of obtaining research funding;
- Experience in teaching;
- Experience in supervising Bachelor, Masters, or PhD students;
- A personality characterized by vision, ambition, and collaboration;
- Fluency in the English language.
- 38 hours per week;
- A competitive salary set in salary scale 11 of the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities depending on qualifications and work experience (expected minimum € 3.637,00 and maximum € 4.978,00) for a full-time job (38 hours/week). An 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance is also provided;
- The duration of the appointment is initially for 2 years as Assistant Professor (level 2), with the possibility for an extension based on target agreements;
- We offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as, reduction on collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, parental leave packages, attractive retirement benefits and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad;
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
- We offer a rewarding career at a young university in the heart of Europe, with a distinct global perspective and a strong focus on innovative research and education.
- We provide a stimulating, collaborative and interdisciplinary work environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development;
- Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the center of Western Europe.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature