3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor (tenure track) of Econometrics, School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University
The Department of Quantitative Economics (QE) of the School of Business and Economics (SBE) is looking for an Assistant Professor (on a tenure track position) …
- Tongersestraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Department of Quantitative Economics (QE) of the School of Business and Economics (SBE) is looking for an Assistant Professor (on a tenure track position) in Econometrics, with special interest in theoretical econometrics, statistics as well as their applications to financial and economic data.
The teaching tasks of the QE Department consists of both courses for the bachelor and master programs in Economics and Business, and courses for the Bachelor and Master programs in Econometrics and Operations Research. As to the latter programs, teaching covers the large spectrum of mathematics, statistics, operations research, econometrics, mathematical economics, and actuarial science. Teaching ranges from teaching in small groups (UM’s Problem Based Learning) to lecturing in large scale introductory statistics courses for economists, international business and University College. The applicant will also be asked to supervise bachelor and master theses. QE staff members have a 50% teaching duty.
The applicant will contribute to research in econometrics and statistics and is expected to publish in international top journals in one or more of the fields of interest to the QE department. The candidate is expected, given his research output, to become a fellow of the SBE research school (GSBE).
Maastricht University is known for its high quality in both teaching and research and hence we will privilege candidates with strong skills in those two important components.
- has a PhD (or close to completion) in Econometrics or Statistics;
- is oriented towards both research and teaching;
- has experience with education in statistics, econometrics and related topics and has shown evidence of his/her teaching skills, for instance from course evaluations;
- is willing to invest in the development and coordination of large scale introductory statistics and econometrics courses;
- is an enthusiastic and cooperative colleague, willing to collaborate with the econometrics group and the QE department as a whole in research and teaching;
- as the language of instruction is English, command of English (oral and writing) should be excellent;
- experience with teaching international classrooms is preferable.
You will initially be employed on a temporary contract as an assistant professor (level 2). Together, we will put a development plan with specific goals to meet. Five years into your appointment, we will evaluate those goals and promote you to assistant professor (level 1) on a permanent contract if the goals have been met. The evaluation can be brought forward if the goals are met earlier, or deferred at your request in case of personal circumstances such as pregnancy leave, parental leave or chronic illness.
The salary will be set in salary scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (from € 3.746 to € 5.127 gross per month depending on experience and qualifications, based on a full-time appointment). On top of this, there is a 8% holiday allowance and a 8.3% year-end allowance.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (cao-NU). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. Notable terms include a pension scheme, substantial leave arrangements, an optional collective healthcare plan and partially paid parental leave. Foreign applicants could be eligible for a favourable tax treatment (30% rule). Furthermore, UM makes use of a selection model, which allows you to exchange employment conditions to adapt them to your preferences and circumstances. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.