Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Head of Department of Finance at the School of Business and Economics
Maastricht University School of Business and Economics is looking for a new Head of the Finance department with an enthusiastic leadership style, with a focus on connecting individuals. You are forward thinking, goal setting and a good communicator.
The new Head will lead on positive and exciting developments within the department and wider School of Business and Economics (SBE). The department and school are committed to high quality research and education, combining academic rigor with real-world relevance and impact.
- Tongersestraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5190 - € 10106 per maand
The Head of the department takes an active lead in managing its people and provides an atmosphere where its employees are active members of the SBE community. The Head holds responsibility for nurturing and developing the department’s members within a positive and welcoming academic work environment. The Head aligns the department’s activities in research and education, external funding, academic citizenship and dissemination. Developing a long-term strategic vision for the academic work field is important. Holding budget responsibility, the Head maintains a financially and administratively well-run department.
The Head is an active member of SBE’s senior management team and should therefore also ensure the department’s contribution to the development and execution of SBE’s overall strategy. Furthermore, the Head will actively stimulate, initiate and intensify collaboration and cooperation of the department of Finance with the other departments and institutes in SBE and beyond. The Head will contribute to the department’s academic and professional exposure (inter)nationally.
The Head will be appointed for a period of three years, possible with an extension of three more years.
SBE is looking for the following in the ideal candidate:
- You are a full or associate professor in the area of finance;
- You have experience with education and are willing to embrace Problem Based Learning (PBL) as a pedagogical principle;
- You have a demonstrated ability to attract funding both internationally and nationally;
- You have experience with creating societal impact and with collaborating with non-academic parties;
- You have experience with executive education, as an educator, program director or in a management role;
- You have demonstrated managerial experience, and can motivate and inspire both junior and senior staff;
- You foster collaboration and dialogue between staff, students and departments;
- You strive for involvement and collaboration when formulating and executing the department’s and SBE strategies;
- You have a keen eye for identifying, developing, and motivating talent;
- You can create, stimulate and uncover synergies in a department that is unified by a team spirit and characterized by a broad set of interests;
- You have an extensive professional and network;
- Head of department role of a dedicated 40-strong team strongly embedded in Maastricht University’s School of Business and Economics;
- Salary scale 13 to Professor I depending on qualifications and work experience, based on our Collective Labour Agreement (CAO-NU);
- Attractive package of fringe benefits, such as substantial leave arrangements and allowances.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature