Optimizing nutritional intake has a large impact on the development of chronic inflammatory diseases such as asthma. Moreover, enrichment of our habitual diet with specific dietary compounds may even further enhance the effect of our diet.
In this project, we will perform a placebo controlled clinical intervention study in asthma patients, evaluating the impact of this intervention on disease severity as well as on understanding of underlying mechanisms.
- You have a Master degree in the field of BioMedical Sciences / Physiology / Nutrition / Medicine and would like to further develop in this area.
- You have a real researcher’s mentality; open-minded, curious, enthusiastic, and accurate.
- You have a more than basic knowledge of statistics.
- You are capable of working independently, but you are also a team player.
- You have good organizational and communication skills. You master English in speech and writing.
Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
The full-time position is offered for four years (1+3), with a yearly evaluation. Your salary would be € 2.191,- gross per month in the first year up to € 2.801,- gross per month in the fourth year according to the PhD-candidate salary scale. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance.
Prof. Jogchum Plat (email@example.com, +31 43-3881309)
Prof. Ronald Mensink (firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 43-3881308)