Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doctoral researcher for the CEFIC-LRI C4 project M/V 1,0 fte
Project description In a context where society pushes to move away from animal testing, a logical alternative would be to use in vitro cells exposed to …
- Robert Schumandomein, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
In a context where society pushes to move away from animal testing, a logical alternative would be to use in vitro cells exposed to diverse compounds and assessment though omics platforms. However, till date, regulatory agencies (both in EU and USA) do not consider omics as a valid alternative to animal testing, mainly because of the high impact of bioinformatics analysis pipeline on the interpretation of the results of these assays.
The CEFIC project LRI-C4 entitled “Towards the development of an omics data analysis framework for regulatory application” aims to develop a clear reference guideline to analyze transcriptomics dataset of 3 main platforms: microarrays, RNA-sequencing and BioSpyder Temp-O-Seq technologies. The post-doctorate candidate will then help to develop 3 references analysis pipeline, notably by evaluating, integrating and validating existing analysis methods available in publications
What we seek
The post-doctoral candidate should have the following required and preferred qualifications:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bio-informatics, or equivalent;
- Strong basis in molecular statistics, bioinformatics and system biology;
- A project and result-oriented way of working with a planned approach;
- Team spirit to work in a multidisciplinary team of molecular biologists, toxicologists, bioinformaticians and computer scientists;
- Experience in Unix OS (including Bash script).
- Experience in scientific writing and oral presentation
- Fluency in English
- Experience with ‘omics techniques (microarrays and/or next generation sequencing), possibly with proof in a publication or thesis.
- Strong self-motivation and drive;
- R language
- Experience in Machine Learning will be a plus.
You will receive a fixed-term contract (38 hours/week) for a period of 19 months, depending on the actual date appointment. Your salary will be according to the salary scale 10, with a maximum of € 4084,00 gross per month on a fulltime basis depending on previous experience.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl.
Information and applications
Dr. Florian Caiment, Toxicogenomics Dept., by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +31-43-3881218