Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Postdoc positions at Institute of Data Science Maastricht University
The postdoctoral fellows will perform cutting-edge research in methods and applications related to data science.
- Robert Schumandomein, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The postdoctoral fellows will perform cutting-edge research in methods and applications related to data science. We are looking for independent researchers who will seek out and lead local, regional and international collaborations. Postdocs will pursue research and teaching in an intellectually vibrant and multi-disciplinary environment.
- PhD in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, philosophy, law, artificial intelligence, or equivalent;
- excellent scientific background and strong publication record;
- good programming skills (python, R, java);
- demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- excellent oral and written English communication.
- (distributed) machine learning;
- all forms of deep learning;
- knowledge graphs and semantic query answering;
- large-scale data sharing, data integration and data mining;
- crowdsourcing and knowledge capture;
- scalable knowledge exploration and visualization;
- natural language processing;
- automation science;
- distributed/web systems;
- epidemiology and statistical methods;
- error, bias and deception in artificial intelligence;
- social preference and social choice.
- acceleration and automation of science;
- improving healthcare and wellbeing;
- data science for social good;
- education of the future.
- 38 hours per week;
- The position is initially offered for two year, subject to evaluation and funding, the position is eligible for extension;
- Salary is competitive, and will be set in scale 10, depending on qualifications and work experience of the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (expected minimum € 2.588,- and maximum € 4.084) for a full-time job (38 hours/week). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance;
- In addition, we offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as, collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, parental leave packages, attractive retirement benefits and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad;
- We offer you a stimulating working environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development;
- The position is embedded in a lively and creative working environment. Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the center of Western Europe;
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO), supplement with local UM provisions. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Applicants are asked to apply via Academic Transfer. It is intended to fill this position as soon as possible.
Informal inquiries concerning this position can be directed to:
Distinguished Professor Data Science, Michel Dumontier, email@example.com
Programme Manager Institute of Data Science, dr. Claudia van Oppen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 16,300 students and 4,300 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Data Science@Maastricht University is a pioneering, university-wide network of data-driven researchers with more than 25 years’ experience in data science education and research. Our community consists of multidisciplinary teams that address significant scientific problems and major societal issues through and related to data science including social, legal and ethical concerns in a wide range of academic disciplines. The Data Science@ UM community is expanding with at least 10 new positions in 2018 including these postdoc positions.Institute of Data Science @ Maastricht University
Institute of Data Science @ Maastricht University
The Institute of Data Science (IDS) at Maastricht University is a recently established center led by professor Michel Dumontier. IDS is an interfaculty institute consisting of a core team of data science experts that cooperate closely with researchers across disciplines such as medicine, life sciences, social sciences and humanities, business and economics, knowledge engineering and smart services. The mission of the Institute is to accelerate scientific discovery, improve clinical care & well-being, and strengthen communities by fostering a collaborative environment for interdisciplinary research and training based on accurate, scalable, and reproducible computation.