Postdoctoral position in machine learning for robotics and human-robot-collaboration
The Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering (DKE) at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher to work on machine learning, control, and human-robot collaboration for precise robotic manipulation of insects. Directions of research include deep-learning and learning from demonstration for precise hand-eye coordination and safe context-aware object manipulation in joint human-robot operational spaces as well as human-robot collaboration through physical human-robot interaction and augmented reality.
- Paul-Henri Spaaklaan, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The project is funded by the EU H2020 grant “Cognitive Robotic System for Digitalized and Networked (Automated) Insect Farms (CoRoSect)”. The successful candidate will be embedded in the DKE research group for Cognitive Robotics, Intelligent Interaction and Complex Self-Organizing Systems (https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/research/dke/research).
The full-time position is offered for a duration of three years, with yearly evaluations.
The successful candidate will:
1. Support the group’s R&D activities in artificial intelligence, robotics and human-robot collaboration.
2. Support day-to-day project-related activities, onsite (depending on COVID-19 restrictions) and online meetings, as well as the preparation of reports and presentations.
3. (Co-)author scientific, peer-reviewed papers, submitted to top conferences and journals in the field of robotics, human-machine interaction, and artificial intelligence.
4. Provide support and/or manage funding acquisition activities and proposal writing (national and international, e.g. Horizon Europe)
1. A PhD degree (already completed or to be completed shortly) in artificial intelligence, machine learning or a closely related field.
2. Team spirit.
3. Solid interest in latest advances in AI especially in the field of Deep Learning, with proven experience (e.g. through publications, projects, etc.) and willingness to publish in top venues in the field, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
4. Excellent programming skills, ideally in Python and C++.
5. Excellent English language skills.
6. Very good presentation, communication and organization skills. The position requires the candidate to communicate professionally with outstanding industrial partners.
7. Mobility. The position requires the candidate to join our team in field studies within several European countries.
8. Interest in grant proposal preparation and coordination.
The intended starting date of this position is January 1, 2021.
The salary will be set in scale 10 (between € 2.790 and € 4.402 gross per month) depending on education and relevant work experience. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. Non-Dutch applicants could be eligible for a favorable tax treatment (30% rule).