3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor in Cybersecurity (0,8 – 1 FTE)
The European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC), established under the Law Faculty of Maastricht University, offers executive education programmes …
- Bouillonstraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC), established under the Law Faculty of Maastricht University, offers executive education programmes closely intertwined with the centre’s applied research on legal issues related to personal data protection and cybersecurity. From September 2021 on ECPC offers a new Advanced Master in Privacy, Cybersecurity and Data Management. This programme offers an ambitions curriculum for professionals that bridges the intersection between law, technology, ethics, governance and management; it is against this background that ECPC is expanding.
To further strengthen and complement the expertise in our team, we are looking for an outstanding senior lecturer/ assistant professor in the area of cybersecurity. Possible focus areas for this position includes, but are not limited to, cybersecurity in relation to artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, augmented and virtual reality, data protection and privacy-enhancing technologies from technical and legal perspective.
As senior lecturer/assistant professor in Cybersecurity, you are expected to:
- Coordinate and teach courses in the area of cybersecurity and computer science in the Advanced Master programme which is targeting professionals;
- Supervise master theses;
- Significantly contribute to the performance and further development of the Advanced Master programme as well as other ECPC executive education programmes;
- Acquire, coordinate and contribute to applied research projects in the domain of data security & privacy and related areas.
The position offers considerable space for personal initiative and fulfilment.
The working language is English.
The preferred starting date is 1 November 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The ideal candidate fulfils the following main requirements:
- PhD degree in computer, data science, artificial intelligence, mathematics, law or a related field, preferably with a thematic specialization in privacy, data protection/security, cybersecurity, ICT law;
- Experience and excellence in teaching whereby experience in teaching professionals is an asset;
- Experience with academic supervision (Master/PhD theses);
- Excellence in applied research and a track record of obtaining research funding;
- A personality characterized by vision, work ethics and collaboration;
- Has a strong client service orientation, sharp communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business;
- Keen to develop new business and use initiatives;
- Has excellent command of the English language (spoken & written);
- Knowledge of Dutch language is an asset.
Maastricht University has attractive employment conditions, which include a pension scheme, holidays, holiday allowance and an end of year bonus.
The salary depends on academic qualifications and experience. The salary will be set between minimum gross month salary € 3,746 (salary scale 11.0) and maximum gross month salary of € 5,127 (salary scale 11.11), based on a full-time employment, of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities. For people recruited from abroad a reduced income tax rate may apply.
The exact terms of employment will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Appointment takes place either as a senior lecturer or as an assistant professor, dependent on the candidate’s profile and the needs of ECPC.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
In order to apply press the bottom "apply now"