Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor in Cybersecurity and Privacy (0,8 – 1 FTE)
The European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC), established under the Law Faculty of Maastricht University, offers executive education programmes …
- Bouillonstraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
The European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC), established under the Law Faculty of Maastricht University, offers executive education programmes closely intertwined with the centre’s applied research on legal issues related to personal data protection and cybersecurity. Since September 2021 ECPC offers a new Advanced Master in Privacy, Cybersecurity and Data Management. This programme offers an ambitions curriculum for professionals that bridges the intersection between law, technology, ethics, governance and management; it is against this background that ECPC is expanding.
To further strengthen and complement the expertise in our team, we are looking for an outstanding senior lecturer/ assistant professor in the area of cybersecurity and privacy. Possible focus areas for this position include, but are not limited to, software, hardware and network security; AI and cybersecurity; Information Security Management; cryptography, pseudonymisation techniques, data security and data protection by design, privacy enhancing technologies. The candidate is required possess substantial knowledge of the indicated matters from a technical perspective and an understanding of the legal compliance implications.
As senior lecturer/assistant professor in Cybersecurity and Privacy, you are expected to:
- Coordinate and teach courses in the area of cybersecurity and computer science in the Advanced Master programme which is targeting professionals
- Supervise master theses
- Significantly contribute to the performance and further development of the Advanced Master programme as well as other ECPC executive education programmes
- Acquire, coordinate and contribute to applied research projects in the domain of data security & privacy and related areas
The position offers considerable space for personal initiative and fulfilment.
The working language is English.
The preferred starting date is 1 April 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The ideal candidate fulfils the following main requirements:
- PhD degree in the field of computer and information technology or a related field; with a thematic specialization in cybersecurity, information security and/or privacy and data protection; and a track record of scientific publications in the area;
- Experience and excellence in teaching whereby experience in teaching professionals is an asset;
- Experience with academic supervision (Master/PhD theses);
- Experience in applied research and a track record of obtaining research funding;
- A personality characterized by vision, work ethics and collaboration;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people from different organisations, i.e., academia, businesses, international organisations, institutions and governments;
- Keen to develop new projects and initiatives to support ECPC research, teaching activities and the related community of stakeholders;
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken & written);
- Knowledge of Dutch language is an asset;
- Possesses the University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one within three years.
The exact terms of employment will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Appointment takes place either as a senior lecturer or as an assistant professor, dependent on the candidate’s profile and the needs of ECPC.
The salary depends on academic qualifications and experience. The salary will be set between minimum gross month salary € 3,820 (salary scale 11.0) and maximum gross month salary of € 5,230 (salary scale 11.11), based on a full-time employment, of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities. For people recruited from abroad a reduced income tax rate may apply.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
Maastricht University has attractive employment conditions, which include a pension scheme, holidays, holiday allowance and an end of year bonus.
Applicants need to send a cv and a maximum 1-page motivation letter.
Applications need to be submitted before 1 March 2022. Don't forget to mention AcademicTransfer and the job number: AT2022.45 in your letter.