2 PhD position on the PrimaVera (Predictive maintenance for Very effective asset management)
The Formal Methods and Tools (FMT) research group develops formal techniques and tools to support the development of complex systems. Our central goal is to …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Formal Methods and Tools (FMT) research group develops formal techniques and tools to support the development of complex systems. Our central goal is to increase the reliability of the high- tech systems that we all rely on, both as individuals and as society.
The FMT group is part of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) at the University of Twente. The group also participates in the Digital Society research institute (DSI). Nationally, DSI was ranked first in the latest research assessment.
We are looking for two excellent candidates on the PrimaVera project. PrimaVera stands for Predictive maintenance for Very effective asset management and is a multi-disciplinary project funded by the prestigious Dutch National Research agenda.
University of Twente
Group: Formal Methods and Tools
FMT group: http://fmt.cs.utwente.nl/
Contact: Prof.dr. Marielle Stoelinga (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The overall challenge in PrimaVera is to realize the grand promises in predictive maintenance. Through an effective combination of sensor techniques, big data analysis, maintenance engineering, we want to predict failures better, so that maintenance can be more effective. The current positions focus on an effective combination of formal methods (such as fault trees and stochastic model checking) and data analytics (decision trees, Bayesian Networks, neural networks) predict failures and their root causes better.
You will be working on the PrimaVera project, a joint project with Eindhoven University of Technology, Radboud University, Saxion, Haagse Hogeschool and the Dutch Aerospace Laboratory, as well as several industrial partners. To realize a good collaboration with the industrial partners, you are expected to collaborate with the industrial partners, e.g., by carrying out an industrial case study.
We are looking for enthusiastic students with a MSc degree in Computer Science, or Mathematics with a demonstrable interest in computer science.
- The candidates should have a thorough theoretical background, and an interest in the verification of complex, industrial systems.
- Experience with formal methods, probability theory, data analytics, and/or maintenance, are important.
- Speaking Dutch, or be willing to acquire the language fast is an advantage.
- a cover letter (explaining your specific interest and qualifications);
- a full Curriculum Vitae;
- a list of all courses + marks and a short description of your MSc thesis;
- references (contact information) of two scientific staff members.
Please submit your application via http://www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en.
- FMT group: http://fmt.cs.utwente.nl/
- Prof.dr. Marielle Stoelinga (email@example.com)
- Project webpage: http://fmt.cs.utwente.nl/research/projects/FormaSig/
- A PhD position for four years (38 hrs/week).
- An outstanding scientific environment: our research group was ranked 1st in the last national research assessment.
- Full status as an employee at the University of Twente, including pension and health care benefits.
Gross salary PhD student: ranging from € 2.325,00 (1st year) to € 2.972,00 (4th year) per month, plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%).
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
- A green and lively campus, with excellent sports facilities and many other activities.
The PhD students will be member of the Twente Graduate School in the research programme 'Dependable and Secure Computing'. The research programme offers advanced courses to deepen your scientific knowledge in preparation to your future career (within or outside academia). We provide our PhD students with excellent opportunities to broaden their personal knowledge and to professionalise their academic skills. Participation in national and/or international summer schools and workshops and visits to other prestigious research institutes and universities can be part of this programme.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature