6 Assistent/Associate Professors in High-Tech Business
The High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) cluster at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences is a growing research group that holds …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
The High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) cluster at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences is a growing research group that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences. The HBE cluster conducts cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative and entrepreneurial management and decision-making.
We attract talent from all over the world from different disciplines (computer science, operations research, mathematics, engineering, business & management, other social sciences). We perform ground-breaking research combining various high-tech business domains, such as smart-industry, supply chain management, transportation and logistics management, innovation management, technology based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, corporate finance, HRM, leadership and change management. Are you looking for an ambitious environment to expand the borders of your home discipline and develop cross-disciplinary research and teaching? We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Join our team and strive to have a significant and sustainable impact on science and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will be responsible for:
- carrying out ambitious high-tech business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines;
- growing your home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line linked to various research themes within the cluster;
- building our research and teaching ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teaching and coordinating courses in our Bachelor, Master, and Executive programs of (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT, and Health Sciences;
- supervising students from these programs in their graduation assignment;
- developing expertise in novel data driven research methods (data science, business analytics, machine learning, simulation, virtual reality, etc.) in collaboration with BMS lab (a lab from our faculty that supports researchers with facilities and equipment);
- contributing towards the supervision of PhD students;
- conducting research in collaboration with industrial and societal partners to realise impact.
- show vision and entrepreneurial drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- hold a PhD degree in a relevant background and have experience in research, which is apparent from publications in highly ranked academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- have affinity with the high-tech business domain;
- show evidence of advanced research methods mastery;
- make use of advanced business analytics (AI, machine learning, big data, etc.);
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for obtaining research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- have proven teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at a top 500 (Times Higher Education) university;
- possess good communication skills and the English proficiency level C2 (European Framework) or equivalents;
- possess a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We realise that the defined candidate profile is broad, and that it is not realistic that you have affinity with all of the high-tech business domains. We therefore explicitly invite you to apply if you believe you fit even part of the profile.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You can submit your application (including cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact details of two more references, publication list, and if available a copy of your PhD thesis) online (http://www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en/) before November 30, 2019.
For more information on these positions, you can contact prof. dr. J. van Hillegersberg, Chairman of the HBE cluster and Head of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems (email: email@example.com, phone: +31-53-4893513/3426). For more information on the HBE cluster, look at the department websites listed under HBE on https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/research/departments-institutes/#department-clusters.
We offer 4-year appointments that, when positively evaluated, will lead to permanent appointment. The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.637 to € 6.738 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile Assistant or Associate Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).