Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in Computer Science
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 8127 per maand
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The UT is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
EEMCS comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology contributing to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institute CTIT.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS is looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant/Associate/Full Professors (f/m) in the area of Computer Architectures for Embedded Systems.
Embedded Systems are becoming more and more integrated within our daily lives. These systems should therefore have high performance, be ultimately reliable, flexible and consume as little power as possible. To satisfy these requirements, new computing architectures and techniques have to be explored in a broad area of research comprising of
- Real Time Embedded Software
- High level hardware description- and synthesis techniques
- Low power architectures for signal processing
- Reconfigurable architectures
- Approximate computing
- Circuit level digital design
Application areas of interest are telecommunication (5G, IoT) and radar, automotive, machine learning and data science.
Do you want to contribute to our research and education in one or multiple of the areas mentioned above?
- You will spend your time 50/50 on teaching and research, a reduced teaching load in the beginning years is the norm;
- You will teach theoretical and more applied BSc/MSc courses in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering;
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
- You have a PhD-degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field;
- You have scientific experience as a post-doc, assistant or associate professor, depending on the vacancy you are interested in. You preferably have international research experience;
- You have an existing track record in the relevant areas shown by publications in high rank journals or strong evidence of high research potential;
- You have good communication skills and experience with teaching and advising students;
- You have, or are willing to acquire, a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or equivalent;
- You are fluent in English.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world of Computer Science with your research as well as teaching in one of the most top-rated departments in the Netherlands?
Information and application
Please send your application before September 15th in two steps. (1) Apply via the 'Apply now' button below and (2) fill in a questionnaire via THIS LINK.
Please include in your application:
- a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests;
- a detailed curriculum vitae with the full publications list;
- your research and teaching statement.
- Applicants of the Assistant/Associate Professor in Advanced Digital Hardware vacancy at the UT are requested to not apply again for these positions.
Please note: your application will only be taken into consideration if you have applied via our vacancy website and if you have filled in the questionnaire via this link: https://forms.gle/Qhqc8NV2wxCKWimi6
You are welcome to contact dr. André Kokkeler for any questions you might have (email@example.com)
- We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to a maximum of € 8.127 (scale H2) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme;
- we also offer a Dual Career Programme to assist the life partners of new academic staff in finding employment in The Netherlands.