Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate Professor in Mathematical Theory of Uncertainty Quantification
We have a position available in Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing within the Department of Applied Mathematics (AM) at the University of Twente …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3736 - € 6738 per maand
We have a position available in Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing within the Department of Applied Mathematics (AM) at the University of Twente (UT).
Are you a researcher with an outstanding record in Mathematics and its Applications in Science and Engineering?
We are looking for a highly committed research scientist whose focus is on the Mathematical Theory of Uncertainty Quantification. This also includes inverse problems, model sparsity and uncertainty, stochastic partial differential equations, and shape uncertainty.The challenge
- You will develop collaborations between mathematics and the multi-disciplinary research context at the UT.
- Your particular focus will be on crafting connections with the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology and with the TechMed Centre for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine.
- You will actively participate in the research within the AM department and collaborate with colleagues at MESA+ and MIRA.
- You are involved in the teaching program of the AM department at the Bachelor and Master level, and are expected to transfer your specific expertise to the master program.
- You are required to obtain the Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO).
- You are passionate about innovative research, illustrated by publications in international journals.
- You are ready to take up the challenge to acquire research grants, either via personal schemes, such as within the NWO Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI/VIDI/VICI) and the European Research Council, or in collaboration with others.
- You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues from other disciplines.
- You have obtained a PhD degree and have a strong affinity with- and training in numerical analysis and scientific computing.
Please submit your application before September 13th via the "Apply Now" button below, including:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of publications;
- a research and teaching statement;
- and three names of potential references.
Interviews will take place on Friday October 4th, 2019.
- We offer a position with an initial contract for one year. A positive evaluation leads to a permanent appointment. Part-time (e.g. 32 hours) is negotiable.
- The position is at Assistant- or Associate Professor level, depending on qualifications. Criteria for evaluation comprise a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire funding and to achieve an international network and reputation.
- Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Depending on relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3.637,-- (scale 11) to € 6.738,-- (scale 14) gross per month.
- We offer excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance.
- Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment with enthusiastic colleagues in an organization focusing on internationalization and a high degree of responsibility and independence.