1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant/Associate Professor in Power Electronic Systems
Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the department of Electrical Engineering (EE) is looking for a highly …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the department of Electrical Engineering (EE) is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant/Associate Professor (f/m) in Power Electronic (PE) Systems.
In this position, you will focus your research on PE systems considering digital control, EMC, power quality and energy efficiency. In the following years we will see a proliferation in the use of batteries in PE based systems. Driven by the need to reduce the carbon footprint, technology is developed and implemented at a rapid pace making it very important to get a grip on issues that affect reliability related to operational integrity and induced stresses. This is why we want to invest in comprehensive experimental testing, modeling and validation of power electronics based systems.The challenge
- You will be involved developing future-looking lab facilities for measuring integrity of operation and stresses in PE systems;
- It is important to effectively integrate the multiple disciplines of PE systems; EMC, control, communication, electromechanical and thermal management;
- You will actively engage with Dutch and European system integrators on battery enabled systems and establish NL-CN collaborative projects with the Shenzhen-Twente Power Electronics Group;
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- You are required to obtain the Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO).
Are you ready to take on this challenge and join our team?
- You hold a PhD in electrical engineering and have an existing track record in power electronics systems, including EMC and show evidence of high research potential and industrial relevance;
- You have good communication skills and experience with teaching and advising students;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are ready to take up the challenge to acquire research grants.
Application and information
Please send your application before 31 December 2019 using the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of publications;
- a research and teaching statement.
Please contact prof.dr. Braham Ferreira if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- It is a structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to € 6.738 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme.