Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of “Active Matter”
Within the faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the department of Soft Matter is searching for an enthusiastic Assistant Professor in the field of …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Within the faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the department of Soft Matter is searching for an enthusiastic Assistant Professor in the field of “Active Matter”.
Current research of the department covers a wide range of soft materials and interface science, focusing largely on equilibrium properties and their control by a suitable design of the materials’ constituents as well as external fields. To expand this spectrum of topics, we are looking for a tenure track candidate for experimental research on active matter. The goal is to establish an independent research line focused on the physical principles governing collective motion, dynamic self-assembly or pattern formation in open non-equilibrium systems driven by a continuous flux of energy. The research should be oriented towards molecular or micro/nano-scale systems. Possible topics include functional colloids driven by (electro)chemical stimuli or external fields, active gels, interacting ‘nanobots’, micro-scale biological systems, and active liquid crystals.
The candidate is expected to contribute to the educational program in Soft Matter science within the Applied Physics program as well as other materials-oriented educational programs of the faculty of Science and Technology.
As an Assistant Professor in this position:
- You will develop your own research line in the area of active matter and represent this topic within the university and outside.
- You will provide and eventually develop courses within the Bachelor and Master programs of Applied Physics and/or other programs of the faculty of Science and Technology (a reduced teaching load applies within the first years). You will acquire the University Teaching Qualification.
- You will establish collaborations with partners and colleagues within the Soft Matter Cluster, within the university, within the Dutch scientific community, and on a global level. You will manage these collaborations responsibly and independently.
- You will operate in an international environment with English as official language. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to the physics of Soft Materials;
- You have an strong track record in physics and/or physical chemistry of soft condensed matter as shown by publications in high rank journals;
- convincing strategy to attract research funding;
- You are a team player;
- Good teaching skills;
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students);
- Good communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch).
Information and application
For further questions you are welcome to contact:
Prof.dr. Frieder Mugele tel +31534893094, e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof.dr Serge Lemay, tel: +31534892306., e-mail: email@example.com
Prof.dr. Mireille Claessens, tel +31534893158, e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- your research and teaching statement
The deadline is set to 21 October 2019.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- You will be appointed full time in a temporary position with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO). Details will be provided upon request.
- A salary ranging from scale 11 to 12 max based on the CBA Dutch Universities up to € 5656,- based on your profile and experience.