Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Assistant Professor Biomedical Design
In the department there is an opening for a highly motivated Assistant professor (f/m) In the areas of Biomedical Design or Bio Inspired Design. You will have …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4978 per maand
In the department there is an opening for a highly motivated Assistant professor (f/m) In the areas of Biomedical Design or Bio Inspired Design. You will have the following tasks:
- Contribute to the existing research lines, from advice to actual prototyping, and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students. Examples of recent developments are support systems (exoskeletons), rehabilitation robotics and orthopedic devices and implants;
- Initiate and acquire funding for new research activities, actively look for (international) partners to build consortia;
- Contribute to the educational programs of the Department. These include Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering on bachelor and master level.
- Be willing to initiate new lectures on aspects of Biomedical Design at a bachelor/master level, and to follow courses to get the proper qualification for lecturing at academic level.
The candidate we are looking for is able to operate at the crossroad of different disciplines, and has excellent social, communication and coaching skills. She/he has knowledge of and experience in Methodical Design processes. We expect the applicants to have a PhD in technical sciences and a proven motivation to work in the biomedical field. Furthermore, she/he has the ambition to become an inspiring and creative teacher. Because women are still underrepresented in the Department, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For additional information regarding this position, you can contact prof.dr.ir. Bart Koopman: email@example.com.
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and your vision statement, until February 28, using the link below.