Assistant Professor Business Information Systems
We are looking for excellent enthusiastic scholars to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 6317 per maand
We are looking for excellent enthusiastic scholars to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. The HBE department is a growing research group that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences. We conduct cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative management and decision-making.
We are looking for talents with the background in information systems, data sciences and an interest in AI. Your research deals with systems for supporting complex decision-making. You adopt an organizational view in designing business processes, supply chains and value networks and study novel ways of distributed organizing. You have acquired expertise in Design of Business-ICT architectures and Business & Systems modelling and implementation.
We perform ground-breaking research combining various themes such as smart-industry, supply chain management, transportation and logistics management, innovation management, healthcare, technology based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, corporate finance, HRM, and leadership. We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Are you looking for forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your home subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise? Join our team and strive to have a significant and balanced impact on science and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will
- carry out high-tech business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different subject areas;
- improve your home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- build our research and teaching ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teach and coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of Business & IT and International Business Administration;
- guide students from these programs in their graduation assignment;
- develop expertise in novel data driven research methods and work jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets for research);
- contribute towards the supervision of PhD students.
- show vision and ambitious drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- have knowledge of and experience in Enterprise Systems, Analytics and Data Science with application to business domains such as logistics, health or finance;
- hold a PhD degree in Information Systems or a related field and have experience in research, which is apparent from publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited university;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.