Assistant Professor – Cardiovascular Computational Modeling (0,6-1,0 FTE)
The Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology (CRPH) group is looking for an (inter-)national candidate with a strong affinity for cardiovascular …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology (CRPH) group is looking for an (inter-)national candidate with a strong affinity for cardiovascular computational modeling, translational research and teaching.
CRPH is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology (TNW) and embedded in the Translational Physiology cluster of the TechMed Centre. Together with our clinical partners we strive to develop innovative, practical solutions for daily care in close collaboration with the biomedical industry.
We seek an enthusiastic team player who is eager to advance computational modeling in the cardiovascular field and advanced signal processing in a (pre-)clinical context. As a young and enthusiastic group, we expect a personal focus to share knowledge and experience and consider teamwork a vital element of success.
The candidate should have a relevant academic background with publications in the field and a PhD in biomedical/electrical engineering or applied physics/mathematics; and the skills to perform and supervise academic research and attract (inter-)national research grants.
We teach and advance the educational curricula of bachelor and master students in Technical Medicine and Biomedical Engineering in the areas of physiology, biomedical physics, mathematics, computational modeling and signal processing in the context of cardiovascular and respiratory disease.
- You hold a PhD in a relevant domain
- You have knowledge and experience in cardiovascular computational modeling
- Your research interest fits into our clinically driven, translational philosophy
- You are a team player, proactive and result-oriented
- You are an enthusiastic academic teacher
- You hold a UTQ (University Teaching Qualification) or are willing to obtain this
ConditionsWe offer an excellent and stimulating scientific and educational environment with an attractive campus and plenty of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with hardworking colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. On the campus, there are plenty of possibilities for interdisciplinary collaborations.
- A structural position as assistant professor, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after positive evaluation two years after appointment
- A career step as associate professor if qualifications are fulfilled
- A partial remote work or work-from-home arrangement is negotiable
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 5.826 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours
- a fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis
- professional and personal development programs
- a solid pension scheme
- The 30% ruling might be applicable, which can result in max 30% of the gross salary as a tax-free cost allowance
Additional informationPlease send your application via the 'Apply now' button before 1 September 2021, and include your curriculum vitae, a list of publications and documentation of your research and teaching experience.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact the department head prof.dr. Dirk W. Donker (email@example.com) or the staff member dr. Eline Mos-Oppersma (firstname.lastname@example.org).