1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Collaboration in Construction Ecosystems
The group of Construction Management & Engineering (CME) of the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) aims at reducing fragmentation in the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 5656 per maand
The group of Construction Management & Engineering (CME) of the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) aims at reducing fragmentation in the infrastructure life cycle. Hence, the CME group studies, develops and teaches new process approaches, methods and technologies to improve integration and innovation for integrated project delivery in the construction industry and enrich infrastructure asset management. In this group is an opening for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard working Assistant Professor in Collaboration in Construction Ecosystems.
As an Assistant Professor in Ecosystem Collaboration you contribute to pursuing the mission of the CME group in reducing fragmentation in the infrastructure life cycle by developing education and research in the area of collaboration and integration in the construction industry. The rise of the circular economy and service-oriented ecosystems require supply chain partners in the construction industry to reconfigure their ways of working. This includes topics such as digitalization, innovation and technologically advanced manufacturing processes, but also relates to economic and social aspects of collaboration and value exchange in the industry.
The focus of this position lies with new forms of collaboration between public, private, knowledge organisations and citizens and the underlying business models and legal agreements when delivering works and services in the field of economic infrastructure. Awareness of the socio-technical aspects of managing infrastructure assets and organising projects is a must, just as knowledge on the methods, processes and applications that enhance integration and innovation in construction. You are interested in public service delivery, entrepreneurship, co-creation and business modelling and are knowledgeable on the concept of ecosystems and project-based organisations.
Our group works in close collaboration with public organisations, private firms and knowledge institutes. Experience with studying new initiatives in which these organizations collaborate is therefore an advantage, just as creativity in developing research methods and valorisation activities that fit these types of collaborations. Of course, you must feel comfortable with educating BSc students, MSc students and professionals according to the Twents Education Model and willing to bring the engineer of the future to a higher level with your scientific knowledge and experience.
Are you ready to contribute to the construction ecosystem of the future?
- You hold a PhD in construction management, organisation science, project management, industrial engineering, business administration, or a related field.
- Your research expertise lies in the fields of collaboration, business modelling, contracting, project management, or adjacent areas.
- You have affinity with the built environment, in particular economic infrastructure and civil engineering.
- You have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning.
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
- You are able to speak or willing to learn Dutch.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact prof.dr.ir. Leentje Volker for any questions you might have (email L.Volker@utwente.nl or phone +31 6 4875 0173).
Please upload your application, including your CV and a motivation letter which includes your view on research and education via the ‘Apply now’ button.
The application deadline is 9 December 2019. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world.
- Excellent research facilities.
- A highly motivated international student community.
- A gross salary between € 3.255,00 and € 5.656,00 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A family friendly institution.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature