Assistant Professor Dynamic Behaviour of Interactive Materials
In the department of Mechanics of Solids Surfaces and Systems is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Professor in Dynamic Behaviour …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 5656 per maand
In the department of Mechanics of Solids Surfaces and Systems is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Professor in Dynamic Behaviour of Interactive Materials. The research studies the structural dynamics of functional materials, particularly materials with actuation and possibly sensing capabilities. This position contributes to the departments’ focus area of precision robotics and links to the areas of advanced materials and intelligent manufacturing. Furthermore it could be applied for human robot interaction in collaboration with the department of Biomechanical Engineering. The department cooperates intensively with industry and has well equipped materials and mechatronics labs.The challenge
- Contribute to the field of structural dynamics with interactive materials. These activities should support the existing research line on precision robotics (https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/ms3/) and/or human-robot interaction (https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/be/). The research connects to emerging developments in meta-materials and soft-robotics. The materials research could benefit from the expertise on nanotechnology, 3D-printing, composite materials and laser material processing available at the University of Twente.
- Supervise bachelor, master, PDEng and PhD students working in the research field.
- Initiate and acquire funding for new research activities and build consortia with (international) partners.
- Contribute to the educational programs of the department. These include Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering and Systems and Control.
Are you ready to contribute to interactive materials for robotics?
You hold a PhD in mechanical engineering or a related technical science;
- You have knowledge of and expertise in functional materials.
- You have affinity with structural dynamics and more specific with dynamic robotics applications.
- You have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning.
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent
For a balanced gender composition of our group we specific invite female candidates to apply.
You are welcome to contact dr.ir. Wouter Hakvoort for any questions you might have (email email@example.com or phone +31 53 4898967
Please upload your application, including your motivation letter, references, research and educational vision, CV and a full publication list.
The application deadline is September 16th. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world.
- Excellent research facilities.
- A gross salary between € 3255,- to € 5.656.- per month, depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistand Professor).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.