Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Assistant Professor Dynamic spatial ecological modelling with large volumes of data
Combining remote sensing with in-situ data is emerging as an important approach to fill gaps in biodiversity monitoring. A complementary issue is how to …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 4852 per maand
Combining remote sensing with in-situ data is emerging as an important approach to fill gaps in biodiversity monitoring. A complementary issue is how to handle the large volumes of satellite imagery as well as in situ data, which require processing in the cloud, to report on the state of Essential Biodiversity Variables (EBVs) and their dynamics. You will focus on developing spatial and temporal models for key EBVs, including Species Populations, Species Traits, Ecosystem Structure and Ecosystem Function, using remote sensing. A focus of this position will be on how EBVs generated by NRS activities can be made available and visible in the web through portals, and how to employ them using cloud computing capacities for generating more complex variables, such as reporting on the state of the global wetlands and forests. The development of ecological models will move beyond static modelling and pay more attention to dynamic modelling and eco-evolutionary processes. You will complement and expand existing expertise in the department. You will contribute to developing a research network in this area. Also, you will contribute to the development of educational modules and new educational products about cloud computing, agent-based modelling as well as open source GIS applications.
- You possess a minimum of MSc degree in GIS and Remote Sensing with a strong computer science background and a PhD in Spatial Ecology.
- You should have two years of practical or research experience (i.e., post-doc) since your PhD graduation, and should have experience with EU or ESA projects.
- You should be competent in open source programming languages, including R, and (open source) GIS and remote sensing applications with previous cloud computing experience.
- You have broad knowledge of the thematic fields of the department.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level.
- You have an affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment.
- You have a willingness to undertake international travel to less developed countries and a willingness to contribute to international projects.
- You will have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch, is an advantage.
Please submit your application before 1 February 2019 (choose “apply now” below). Your application must include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for two years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3545,- and € 4852,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature