Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Den Haag
Assistant Professor (fulltime) Indoor and mobile mapping
You contribute to the department’s work in the field of information extraction from imagery and laser scanning data by initiating and conducting related …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
You contribute to the department’s work in the field of information extraction from imagery and laser scanning data by initiating and conducting related education, research and consulting activities. Research will focus on the development of methods and systems to enable efficient indoor and mobile mapping ranging from multi-sensor orientation and calibration to the production of indoor 3D maps. Methods may include aspects of knowledge-based interpretation, machine learning and sensor fusion to obtain a high degree of automation. You can discuss and find solutions for information acquisition problems emerging within ITC’s research and consulting projects. You will teach, assist and supervise MSc and PhD students, contribute to the development of educational modules and new online learning packages at various levels of education and actively participate in joint educational programmes with ITC’s partner institutes abroad. You may share responsibility in the management of the department. You participate actively in national and international professional societies.
- possess a PhD in the field of geo-informatics, robotics or computer science with relevance to spatial information acquisition problems.
- have experience with developing methods for efficient mapping in images or point clouds is a prerequisite.
- have demonstrated scientific creativity combined with a publishing record of acknowledged quality and a strong interest in developing cost effective solutions relevant to the large variety of problems.
- have (preferably) proven didactic skills and experience in teaching (University Teacher Qualification certificate ‘BKO’ or equivalent)
- have affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment, and experience in international consulting and advising services.
- have an excellent command of English. UT sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. UT offers training to improve English competency.
- are willing to undertake international travel.
Please submit your application before 20 August 2018 (choose “apply here” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter and (ii) a detailed CV with three referees.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for a period of two years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3475,- and € 4757,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment.