Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor in Accounting
Academic activities in finance and accounting take place in the Department of Finance and Accounting (F&A) and the Department of Industrial Engineering …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Academic activities in finance and accounting take place in the Department of Finance and Accounting (F&A) and the Department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems (IEBIS) at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management & Social Sciences (BMS). These two departments employ about 40 academic staff, including PhD students, and conduct high-quality interdisciplinary research and education in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management and Business Information Systems. A very close relationship exists with the departments of Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Innovation & Marketing (NIKOS), Technology Management & Supply, Change Management and Organization Behavior, and Human Resource Management. All these departments are embedded in the cluster High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE). They also collaborate with industry, knowledge institutes and government agencies in National, European and Global consortia.
We expect you to:
- carry out ambitious research within the focus areas of Accounting and Finance, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines;
- (co-)teach and coordinate courses in the BSc and MSc programs in (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management and Health Sciences;
- supervise bachelor and master students in writing their graduation thesis;
- contribute towards the supervision of PhD students;
- take up the challenge to acquire external research funding;
- be a standout colleague.
- You hold a PhD in Accounting (or near completion) from a university ranked in the top 250 of the world's universities, according to The Times Higher Education or The QS World University rankings;
- You have outstanding knowledge and a track record of teaching (both lecturing and tutoring) courses in financial accounting, management accounting and business valuation, at an internationally accredited university;
- You have proven experience in research, by means of presentations in international scientific conferences and publications in highly ranked academic journals;
- You have very good communication skills, and an excellent command of English, at least at C2 level;
- You already hold, or are willing to obtain, the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative teacher.
Information and application
For more information on this position you can contact prof. dr. R. Kabir, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31-53-489 5477/4512.
Please submit your application online (choose "apply now" button below) before the 21st of October, including (i) a motivation letter stating how you meet the selection criteria, and (ii) a CV containing a list of your teaching & research accomplishments and the details of two potential references. We shall contact only the shortlisted applicants for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we particularly urge women to apply.
- We offer an initial appointment for two years. A positive evaluation will lead to a permanent appointment.
- The starting salary ranges between € 3.637 to € 5.656 gross per month based on your experience;
- We also offer a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, a solid pension scheme, a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment, and the possibility to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- You can participate in professional and personal development programs.
- Finally, you will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment characterized by a high degree of responsibility and independence, with the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and other researchers.
Do you have the drive to improve the society and the world with your research as well as teaching?