Your excellent research contributes well to the ESA group, resulting in publications in high impact journals. You develop education and teach at MSc level for an international classroom, and supervise research at the graduate level (MSc and PhD). You have or are willing to obtain in the near future, a basic teaching qualification focusing on student-centred learning; you join in research and capacity development projects and help in project acquisition.
- You have a background in applied and quantitative soil science or geography with a proven track record in soil-related research.
- You are knowledgeable on soil physical and/or chemical properties applied in fields such as spatial modelling for applied hydrology, natural hazards or environmental sciences.
- The conversion of a point to spatial information, through spectral properties of soils and/or spatial statistics, is an advantage.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as R or Python or willing to learn these is a plus.
- You have a PhD degree in a relevant field and a competitive record of publications and have a high potential for generating funds in research and/or consultancy projects consistent with your career level.
- You are internationally oriented across cultural boundaries and are prepared to travel on short missions.
- You are fluent in English.
Information and application
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Victor Jetten (e-mail: email@example.com). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application through the form before 20 August 2018 (choose “apply now” below).
Your application must include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for two years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3475,- and € 5405,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2 or 1).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment