3 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant professor in Complex Systems
Within the cluster SACS, whose research focusses on system theory, analysis, and numerical analysis, we are looking for a highly talented research scientist …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
Within the cluster SACS, whose research focusses on system theory, analysis, and numerical analysis, we are looking for a highly talented research scientist with a real passion for teaching. You have a strong affinity with mathematical analysis and are focussed on the development, analysis and application of complex systems and networks, such as approximation or control for models described by large scale ordinary and/or partial differential equations. In addition, you have the capability to develop collaboration between mathematics and related disciplines. These collaborations are established through one of the research institutes, i.e., CTIT institute on ICT, MESA+ institute for Nanotechnology, or MIRA institute for biomedical technology and technical medicine.
It is important that you can build a characteristic own research line within complex systems for which external funding, such as the NWO Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI/VIDI/VICI) and within the European Research Council can be acquired.
The University of Twente (UT) is seeking for a researcher with an excellent record in Mathematics and its applications in Science and Engineering for a Faculty position in Complex Systems within the Department of Applied Mathematics. Is that you?
Teaching is an important part of the activities of the department. You will be involved in the teaching program of the Department of Applied Mathematics at the Bachelor and Master level, as well as the service teaching. You will transfer the specific expertise to the master program. To facilitate the professional development and quality of teaching, all lecturers need to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
Research: We expect you to have a strong ambition toward innovative research, illustrated by publications in international journals and by taking up the challenge in acquiring research grants, either via personal schemes or in collaboration with others.
- You hold a PhD in the field Mathematics or related disciplines;
- You have a track record in Applied Mathematics with a strong focus on systems of ordinary differential equations or on partial differential equations;
- You preferably hold a strong publication record and international experience at a post graduate level;
- You are a passionate academic and expert teacher in higher education or striving to become so;
- You are able to build phenomenal relationships with co-workers and practice and operate at the crossroads of disciplines;
- You have good mentoring skills to oversee BSc, MSc, PDEng and PhD projects;
- Your communication skills are excellent, English at C2 level.
You can submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and three names of potential references) online (www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en/) before the 15th of April 2018 to the University of Twente, attn. Prof.dr. S.A. van Gils, chairman Department of Applied Mathematics.
We offer you a permanent position of assistant professor. After one year, there will be an assessment. If this assessment has a positive result the permanent position will be effected.
- Starting salary between € 3,475,- to € 5,405,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged;
- a secondary remuneration package;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.