Assistant Professor in Computational Chemical Engineering
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for an Assistant Professor in Computational …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for an Assistant Professor in Computational Catalysis Engineering (CCE). CCE deals with the mathematical description of catalyzed chemical processes. CCE is expected to combine classical data regression methods of chemical engineering, micro-kinetic modelling and machine-learning techniques, as well as DFT methods. It is an interdisciplinary field, utilizing the newest developments in high throughput experimentation, statistical methods for large data sets and modelling at scales ranging from the catalytic sites to unit operations. Close collaboration is expected with research groups within, and outside the University of Twente, focusing on fundamental studies such as ab initio calculations and experimental mechanistic investigations. The aim should be to maximize the predictive power and reach of the models. The candidate should contribute to the design and development of new sustainable processes, of interest to the Process and Catalysis Engineering cluster and collaborating industrial partners.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position.
- You have an existing track record in computational chemistry, demonstrated by publications in highly ranked journals.
- You have the potential ability to attract research funding.
- You have good teaching and communication skills, and the willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification.
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter and a complete list of publications.
- A research and teaching statement.
- Two references we might contact.
You are welcome to contact Prof. Leon Lefferts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Guido Mul (email@example.com) for any questions you might have.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to €5656 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.