Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Assistant Professor in Control in Mechanical Engineering
Teaching Courses taught by the department of MS3 are pillars in the BSc and MSc programs in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering at the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4852 per maand
Courses taught by the department of MS3 are pillars in the BSc and MSc programs in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering at the faculty of Engineering Technology of the University of Twente, as well as of a BSc program in Mechanical Engineering being setup in collaboration with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
You will support the educational responsibilities of the department of MS3. At the beginning of the appointment there will be strong emphasis on educational tasks within the newly developed BSc Mechanical Engineering program in co-operation with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). This comprises predominantly organizing and teaching of relevant courses on Mechanics and Control in the Bachelor phase, although contributions in the Master phase, such as Motion Control, will be welcome as well. Furthermore, other teaching activities are required such as guest lectures, tutoring, supporting examinations of student projects and supervising graduation projects.Research
The MS3 department covers a broad research portfolio where Intelligent Manufacturing Systems and Precision Robotics plays an essential role. Much of the research performed increasingly requires a deeper understanding of the physical phenomena governing the machines and manufacturing processes and the disturbances negatively affecting the quality of the parts and components being produced.
You will be hosted by the research group Structural Dynamics, Acoustics & Control, within the department of MS3. Your research will be focused on the design and analysis of methods and equipment for controlled fabrication, production and precision systems, using innovative design, actuation, sensing and control principles. You will be involved in the design, implementation and validation of (model based) controllers for such systems. These activities are backed up with modelling system identification, adaptation and learning strategies. Experimental validation requires to extend and maintain excellent lab facilities. The researchers within the research program cooperates actively with other researchers within MS3, within the faculty (e.g. Biomechanical Engineering & Biorobotics) and the university (e.g. Robotics and Mechatronics, EWI).
You are an enthusiastic teacher and an independent researcher who can identify relevant research questions in this context, plan and execute theoretical as well as experimental research and publish the findings in renowned journals. Co-operation with adjoining chairs within and outside the department of MS3 related to education and research is highly encouraged.
- You hold a MSc in Mechanical Engineering and hold a PhD in Control Engineering or a related discipline with proven skills in mechatronics;
- You have good teaching skills and you have obtained (an equivalent of) the University Teaching Qualification or you are willing to obtain this;
- You have good coaching skills (BSc, MSc, PDEng and PhD students);
- You have proven skills and capabilities in physical modeling and experimental validation;
- You have a broad research interest to support development of manufacturing techniques, also with adjoining research groups;
- You have a good publication record;
- You are able to attract research funding;
- You have excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch;
- You are available on short notice to optimally prepare for teaching activities.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact prof.dr.ir. André de Boer by sending an email to email@example.com or check the websites:
Applications, including a CV, a statement of your vision on research, education and collaboration, and contact information for 2 or more references, should be uploaded through the link below before January 11th 2019. A selection assessment can be part of the procedure.
You will be appointed for a period of 2 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university and the department of MS3 offers a very stimulating scientific environment with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.173- to € 4.852,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.