Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Assistant Professor in Design Engineering
The Department of Design, Production and Management (DPM) at the University of Twente (Faculty of Engineering Technology) provides scientific research into …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4852 per maand
The Department of Design, Production and Management (DPM) at the University of Twente (Faculty of Engineering Technology) provides scientific research into and education on the wide field of design. As part of the department, the Design Engineering Chair aims its research at the understanding and improvement of product development processes (and, consequently, manufacturing processes). This research field’s main perspective is to develop methods and tools for design(er) support to meet the requirements and constraints of the entire product life cycle. 'Integration' and 'synthesis' are important topics for design engineering research; the focus is on understanding and improving the design process, irrespective of the product type. Consequently, topics like Smart Industry, Systems Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing and Model-Based Engineering are inherent in the research and education activities of the chair. In both activities, the chair brings together the many perspectives on product development, thus advancing knowledge on effective and efficient product development cycles.
The new assistant professor will take a pro-active role in the tutoring and lecturing of design engineering for the educational programmes of Industrial Design Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The teaching comprises BSc and MSc courses, as well as supervising Bachelor and Master theses. The assistant professor works in a team and, depending on his or her specific expertise, takes responsibility for topics related to production techniques, smart manufacturing, PLM/CAD/CAE, model-based product development and the management of product development. The main objective of this endeavour is to effectively and efficiently integrate the topics into product development cycles.
We are looking for an independent researcher who can identify relevant research questions, plan and execute research with scientific rigour and can identify application opportunities. Publishing research findings in reputable scholarly journals as well as in international conferences and networks is an integral part of the research activities. Furthermore, co-operation with the Fraunhofer Project Centre at the University of Twente is intended. The Faculty of Engineering Technology specifically stipulates research along the five societal themes health technology, maintenance, smart manufacturing, smart regions and sustainable resources.
- You hold a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering or related disciplines;
- You have scientific expertise in at least two of the sub-disciplines: Smart Industry, Production and Construction Techniques, PLM, CAD/CAM/CAE, Digital Twins, Virtual Reality and Management of Product Development;
- You have experience in, or affinity with, industrial valorisation of research;
- You have a good publication record and promising publication pipeline;
- You have a proven ability to acquire external funding;
- You have good teaching skills, willingness to obtain the University Teaching Qualification;
- You have good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students);
- You are a team player, also in multidisciplinary teams;
- You have excellent communication skills (English; Dutch is not required, but will be a recommendation).
Information and application
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Eric Lutters, Design Engineering, phone: (+31)(0)53-4891197, or by e-mail email@example.com.
Your application should include a letter of motivation, a CV, including a full publication list, and two references. Please send your application by using the application link below before September 15th 2018.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a very stimulating scientific environment and a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.173,- to € 4.852,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.