3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor in Public Administration and Public Policy
Are you a scholar in Public Administration or Public Policy with a keen interest in understanding how the grand societal and technological challenges of our …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3807 - € 5922 per maand
Are you a scholar in Public Administration or Public Policy with a keen interest in understanding how the grand societal and technological challenges of our time are addressed by policy makers? Do you seek to contribute to the development of a fair and sustainable (digital) society from a Public Administration perspective? Then we invite you to join our team! We offer an inspiring academic environment that stimulates you to further develop your academic research and teaching in various areas of Public Administration and Public Policy. For example in (comparative) local government studies, administrative reforms, Europeanization and globalization, or data-driven (algorithmic) policy making and governance.
This could be your next new exciting career move! As a newly appointed assistant professor, you will be working in the section of Public Administration of the Department of Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB) at the University of Twente. Besides your excellence as a researcher, your teaching skills are very important since you will develop and teach courses in our BSc Management, Society & Technology, the MSc programme in Public Administration and the MSc programme in European Studies. You will also supervise bachelor, master and PhD theses.
In addition we expect you to:
- further develop your research profile, be active in Public Administration and Public Policy research, publish in international journals, and disseminate your research at leading conferences;
- take initiatives to attract external funding;
- be open to collaborations with other institutes and public agencies and contribute to (joint) projects.
- Hold a PhD degree (or almost completed), preferably in public administration, policy sciences, local government studies, EU studies, or in a relevant other discipline;
- Have a strong interest in the study of Public Policy and Governance, preferably in a context of grand societal challenges and technological transformations;
- Are dedicated to achieving societal impact;
- Have the ability and ambition to acquire external research grants and work closely with external stakeholders;
- Have preferably experience with teaching at an internationally accredited university;
- Hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or are willing to obtain this and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become an inspiring lecturer;
- Possess excellent communication skills and a demonstrated proficiency in the written and spoken use of the English language, at least at C2 level, and preferably also of the Dutch language (or at least, have the desire to learn Dutch);
- Have good social skills, are standout colleagues.