Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor in Statistics
Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the department of Applied Mathematics (AM) is looking for a highly …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 5513 per maand
Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the department of Applied Mathematics (AM) is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Professor (f/m) in Statistics.
The statistics group in Twente will start its work at the end of 2018 and is expected to expand over the next years. At this moment, the research focus lies on a statistical foundation for machine learning algorithms, nonparametric statistics theory and frequentist Bayesian methods. The group is embedded into a larger research network of scientist working in related areas such as mathematical image analysis, operations research and data science.
- You will spend your time 50/50 on teaching and research, a reduced teaching load in the beginning years is the norm;
- You will teach theoretical and more applied BSc/MSc courses in statistics and data science;
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
- There is the possibility to participate in the statistical consulting center.
- You hold a PhD in mathematics/statistics;
- You have an existing track record in statistics shown by publications in high rank journals or strong evidence of high research potential;
- You have a strong mathematical background and also interest in applied problems;
- You are passionate about teaching and advising students;
- You are fluent in English.
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae;
- a list of publications;
- your research and teaching statement.
You are welcome to contact Johannes Schmidt-Hieber (email@example.com) for any questions you might have.
- We offer an excellent and dynamic environment for researchers in AM, with our extraordinary research institutes DSI (www.utwente.nl/dsi/), MIRA (www.utwente.nl/mira/) and MESA+ (www.utwente.nl/mesa/) with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure;
- You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.545 to € 5.513 gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a solid pension scheme.