Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant professor in the area of Public Administration and Digital Transformation
Contemporary processes of digital transformation are marked by the convergence of digital, biological and physical innovations that reshape society. Such …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
Contemporary processes of digital transformation are marked by the convergence of digital, biological and physical innovations that reshape society. Such processes are marked by disruptive and emerging technologies, which blur the boundary between digital and physical worlds and ignite new (and radical) administrative reforms needed for rethinking and redesigning public governance. We seek a talented new colleague with a background in the broad field of public administration and an interest in or experience with the study of contemporary challenges of digital transformation, such as algorithmic governance, cybersecurity, crisis management, digital surveillance or digitalization of public services. This position is an exciting opportunity for co-developing and contributing to innovative public administration research aimed at generating new understanding of governance, policy, and public management responses to today's contemporary challenges of digital transformation in the public domain, in interaction with stakeholders in the field. Next to developing research in the above-mentioned areas the position has teaching responsibilities in public administration, policy studies and/or (international) public governance in various educational programs of our faculty, including the BSc Management, Society & Technology, BSc Public Governance Across Borders, the MSc Public Administration and the MSc European Studies. Do you wish to be part of an exciting, newly developing department that researches and teaches on public administration, public policy and public governance in transforming societal and technological environments? Join our team and strive to have a significant and balanced impact on public administration research and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will:
- carry out research in the exciting field of public administration and governance, public policy, and public management in a transforming societal context, within the section of Public Administration;
- co-develop new research line that fits with multi-disciplinary (public administration, psychology and communication science) approach to transformations of the public domain;
- teach in bachelor and master programs of Public Administration (including European Studies), Communication Science and Psychology. For more information about the education programs, see https://www.utwente.nl/en/pa/ (Public Administration) and https://www.utwente.nl/en/es/ (European Studies); https://www.utwente.nl/en/com/ (Communication Science); https://www.utwente.nl/en/psy/ (Psychology);
- expand your network and acquire external research funding;
- contribute to our interdisciplinary research domains of resilience, emerging technologies and societal transformations, or health in the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS);
- develop expertise in novel research methods.
- You hold a PhD in one of the relevant social sciences (such as public administration, policy studies, governance sciences, public affairs, European studies, political science, urban studies, etc.), preferably with an interest in psychology and/or communication science;
- You are interested in multidisciplinary approaches to cybersecurity and cyber resilience in the public domain;
- You are able to assume an inspiring role as a public administration scholar in multi-disciplinary research;
- Your have a research interest for contemporary challenges, such as algorithmic governance, digital transformation, cybersecurity, or changing public services;
- You are a passionate teacher, preferably holding a University Teaching Qualification or willing to acquire one, and are able to teach and supervise students in educational programs of public administration, European studies, communication science and/or psychology;
- You can underscore your talent with a track record in peer-reviewed publications, presentations and grant-acquistion;
- You are a teamplayer with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are fluent in Dutch and / or in English and willing to learn Dutch.
ConditionsWe offer 1-year appointment that, when positively evaluated, will lead to a permanent appointment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem; internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
- Starting salary is between € 3.746 and € 5.826 gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment