Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor Magnetic in Detection & Imaging (full-time)
Within Science and Technology (S&T) school, the research group of Magnetic in Detection & Imaging (MD&I) is centred around two lines: handheld …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
Within Science and Technology (S&T) school, the research group of Magnetic in Detection & Imaging (MD&I) is centred around two lines: handheld magnetic instruments for clinical applications and clinical MRI.
At MD&I we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic assistant professor with a relevant post-doctoral experience to develop a coherent research line with a strong focus on interventional MRI, e.g. on robotic oncological and cardiac interventions.
You will publish in international refereed journals, present at conferences, apply for external funding and engage in international and interdisciplinary collaboration and in outreach activities at the University of Twente. You will be teaching courses on MRI in the programme of biomedical engineering and technical medicine at both bachelor and master level, and will be involved in the supervision of students during their graduation projects. The initial division of tasks will be an equal amount of research and teaching.
Essential responsibilities. Combine knowledge of MR imaging physics, engineering, computer science and clinical needs to explore, design, develop and test MRI-compatible procedures and devices for interventions. Work with clinicians, technology researchers, and regulatory affairs to define and conduct research studies and gather clinical proof.
- PhD in physics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated record of innovation in MR physics research, e.g. development of new pulse sequences, reconstruction methods, or other applications of MR imaging techniques.
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills
- Programming experience in C and/or C++ and/or Python and/or Matlab
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, and the willingness to complete the University Teaching Qualification.
- Professional experience in MR imaging research
- Industrial MRI experience (preferably using Siemens MRI)
- Experience working with clinicians within a hospital environment
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application before the 1st of September, via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter and a complete list of publications.
- A research and teaching statement.
- Two references we might contact.
You are welcome to contact Prof. Bennie ten Haken (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions you might have.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 5.826 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature