Assistant Professor Physiological sensing and eHealth Biomedical Signals and Systems
Within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, the Department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) we are looking for a …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
Within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, the Department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) we are looking for a highly motivated Assistant Professor (f/m) in the area of physiological sensing / signaling for e-health technology.
The mission of the BSS department is to enable improved diagnosis and treatment of patients with sensory, motor and cardiopulmonary dysfunction in clinical and home/self-care setting. In our research, we continuously aim to connect our fundamental results with clinical and daily life applications. The research program is embedded in the TechMed Centre (formerly MIRA) and the institute for the Digital Society (formerly CTIT) of the University of Twente.
Are you ready to contribute to the development of technology improving the quality of life of people with chronic diseases?
- Provide new technological solutions for current health-care challenges by strongly connecting the physiological sensing/signaling and e-health technology themes in our group, focusing on but not limiting to neural functions.
- Take new initiatives and supervise PhD students at the physiology - technology interface on subjects as daily life monitoring, modeling physiological mechanisms and identifying relationships and interactions between these physiological mechanisms and daily behavior.
- Contribute to existing teaching tasks and the development of new education on measurement and analysis of physiological quantities in different education modules of the bachelor and master programs.
- You hold a PhD in technical medical or biomedical engineering or related discipline and were preferably promoted on a relevant topic within the neurophysiological domain;
- You have a strong interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines and you are well embedded in the international research community of your research field;
- You have knowledge of and experience in the physiological-technical domain and have affinity with analysis of large data sets and preferably also with data mining techniques;
- You have good communication skills and experience with teaching;
- Preferably you have expertise in e.g. neurophysiology, electrophysiology, signal analysis, system analysis and identification and/or mathematical models.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact dr.ir. Jan Buitenweg, email@example.com, tel. +31 53 4892705 of the BSS group.
Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and two names of potential references) online before April 30, 2018
You will be appointed for 2 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a stimulating and dynamic scientific and valorization ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Starting salary between € 3.475 to € 5.405 gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 41 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.