During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
Assistant Professor (UD) in Energy Technology
Important basic disciplines for you, as the new Assistant Professor in our group, involve thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat, momentum and mass transfer, …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3111 - € 4757 per maand
Important basic disciplines for you, as the new Assistant Professor in our group, involve thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat, momentum and mass transfer, energy conversion and storage as well as process technology in general. Your research quality has to be excellent, leading to both high-quality scientific publications and applications in industry as relevant for society. This requires high-level experimental and theoretical research, design and development of new computational tools and advanced thermal technologies. Examples of possible research subjects that you can execute are thermodynamic cycles, thermal conversion, renewable energy sources and especially solar heat and thermal hybrid PVT, new generation heat pumps, new energy storage concepts, contributions to the energy transition, etc.
Education and research are coupled and therefore you, as a member of our TFE department, will be involved in both the BSc- and MSc-programmes of Mechanical Engineering, the MSc-programme of Sustainable Energy Technology (SET), and the PDEng-programme Energy and Process Technology which is a 2 years post-master designer programme. You will have a major contribution in the education tasks of the TFE department.
We would like you to have:
- an excellent research track record in (a few of) the relevant sub-disciplines in thermal engineering showing modelling and experimental skills,
- experience and dedication to instructing students at both undergraduate and graduate level,
- a strong and shown interest in the energy transition and renewable energy sources such as thermal solar,
- the ability to communicate effectively and inspire students and co-workers,
- the ambition to collaborate with other research groups participating within and outside the faculty,
- the aptitude and motivation to conduct exploratory, groundbreaking research, keeping a keen eye on practical (energy) applications, and applying for external funding.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher with a PhD degree in mechanical engineering or comparable engineering backgrounds, with well-developed communication and project-management skills. A few years of (international) experience as postdoctoral researcher, and a significant publication record and teaching experience are a prerequisite. You can contribute to excellence in the field of thermal engineering, including experimental work as well as modelling.
Because women are still a minority in a number of fields, they are warmly invited to apply.Information and application
For additional information regarding this position, you can contact prof.dr.ir. Gerrit Brem on phone no. 0031-53-489 2561 or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and motivation letter, until Tuesday July 22, 2018 using the link below.
- We offer a position for a maximum period of two years with the intention to grant a permanent position after positive annual evaluations. In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities the gross monthly salary for an Assistant Professor will range from € 3173,- to € 4852,- depending on experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Professional and personal development programs.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature