As Roessingh Research and Development (RRD) and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Twente (UT) we are looking for a highly motivated Associate Professor (f/m) in the area of Telemedicine.
The position focuses on the design, development and evaluation of innovative Telemedicine concepts, services and products.
Within RRD, the focus will be on enabling unobtrusive monitoring of people functioning in their own environment and enabling coaching and training of people with chronic conditions in their own environment.
The position at the UT is head of the Telemedicine group, embedded in the department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS). Its research is focusing on the Telemedicine building blocks, especially the holistic sensing and the intelligence, decision support, resulting in smart remote monitoring and personalized coaching services.
The evaluation and implementation strategies of these innovative monitoring and treatment modalities is jointly developed at RRD and UT.
Are you ready to contribute to developing live saving new technologies?
- As part of the Telemedicine cluster and member of the management team of RRD, you will supervise (as promotor) the PhD students working in the area of telemedicine.
- You will develop strategic policies and execute them in close collaboration with the cluster managers and the director of RRD.
- You will coordinate the research activities at RRD and the UT and the Personalized e-health Technology Program of the UT.
- As part of the BSS group and the BSS Management Team, you are responsible for the Telemedicine research theme and initiate links with human function technology.
- You will have an important bridging function between the biomedical research topics in the TechMed Institute and the IT research topics of the Institute for the Digital Society.
- You will contribute to a limited extend to the bachelor and master curricula of Biomedical engineering and Creative technology.