2 dagen geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
Associate Professor Telemedicine
As Roessingh Research and Development (RRD) and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Twente (UT) we …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4815 - € 5861 per maand
As Roessingh Research and Development (RRD) and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Twente (UT) we are looking for a highly motivated Associate Professor (f/m) in the area of Telemedicine.
The position focuses on the design, development and evaluation of innovative Telemedicine concepts, services and products.
Within RRD, the focus will be on enabling unobtrusive monitoring of people functioning in their own environment and enabling coaching and training of people with chronic conditions in their own environment.
The position at the UT is head of the Telemedicine group, embedded in the department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS). Its research is focusing on the Telemedicine building blocks, especially the holistic sensing and the intelligence, decision support, resulting in smart remote monitoring and personalized coaching services.
The evaluation and implementation strategies of these innovative monitoring and treatment modalities is jointly developed at RRD and UT.
Are you ready to contribute to developing live saving new technologies?
- As part of the Telemedicine cluster and member of the management team of RRD, you will supervise (as promotor) the PhD students working in the area of telemedicine.
- You will develop strategic policies and execute them in close collaboration with the cluster managers and the director of RRD.
- You will coordinate the research activities at RRD and the UT and the Personalized e-health Technology Program of the UT.
- As part of the BSS group and the BSS Management Team, you are responsible for the Telemedicine research theme and initiate links with human function technology.
- You will have an important bridging function between the biomedical research topics in the TechMed Institute and the IT research topics of the Institute for the Digital Society.
- You will contribute to a limited extend to the bachelor and master curricula of Biomedical engineering and Creative technology.
- You have an academic study and PhD in the area of biomedical engineering and/or ICT, with healthcare (chronic care, rehabilitation) as a main application area;
- You have a shown ability to high ranking research in the area of Telemedicine, as reflected in publications, citations and H-index;
- You hold a track record in acquired funding from national and European research programs;
- You are able to create solid sustainable bridges between different disciplines, especially biomedical engineering and ICT, but also able to connect with behavioural science and care professionals;
- You possess an excellent network and are aware of national and international research disciplines, policy makers and roadmaps.
- You have excellent communication and coaching skills, aimed at making contact in (clinical) practice and supervising PhD students and researchers.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research?
Information and application
For more information about the position please contact prof.dr. Hermie Hermens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and two names of potential references) online before April 30th, 2018.
- A position for three years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation, within a very stimulating scientific environment. It concerns a fulltime position, split into 0.6 FTE at RRD and 0.4 FTE at the UT.
- Starting salary between € 4.125 to € 6.220 (RRD) and a starting salary between € 4.815 to € 5.861 (UT) based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8.33% (RRD)/8% (UT) of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.33% (RRD)/ 8.3% (UT);
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 25 (RRD)/29 (UT) holidays in case of full-time employment;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other staff is strongly encouraged.